Friday, March 11, 2005

QUICKIE!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrr... I'm so menacing aren't I? I got too much stuffs ta do. Clients irritating the shit out of me!!! WHINING!! SHUT. UP. SHUTUPSHUTUP!!! Grrrrrr... Anyway... Short stuffs: I did forget to print out the map to Nashville before I left last weekend. Oops. Now I have a KY/TN map and I found an awesome little atlas for 10 dallah. I rule. Go to Cybeles and wish her friendTim's friend Jim a big get well. Jim is having a nasty time with his pancreas. See if you can make your get-well note funnier than mine. What? I'm not telling you what I wrote!! I wanna keep the advantage. Also check out her buddy Tim's comics. Hilarious. I almost fell asleep face down on my keyboard last night. I've been smiling a lot lately. I'm getting a little nervous about my trip to NOLA/Houston. I've never driven that far by myself before. Alone. But, I know I'm never truly alone. Just wish those spirits could take over at the wheel occasionally. I got pissy last night when I realized that... I still feel that little pull towards where I used to be... or rather, the feelings that could take me there. Then I remembered this: "We are well advised to keep on nodding terms with the people we used to be, whether we find them attractive company or not. Otherwise they turn up unannounced and surprise us, come hammering on the mind's door at 4am of a bad night and demand to know who deserted them, who betrayed them, who is going to make amends. We forget all too soon the things we thought we could never forget." --- Joan Didion I'll just keep nodding. From a distance. Not up close. I'll just stay back here and raise my chin silently, maybe give a small wave. But from back here. I gotta go. Duty calls. Keep smilin'. I am. :o)
  • |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------