Friday, February 25, 2005

Ssnnaaiill ... Mmaaiill

Got home yesterday and I saw the distinctive white-with-green-triangles-border envelope which I normally send queries in. This envelope was beat up and covered with black magic marker. I walked up and grabbed it off the top of my mailbox. It was to my friend Jeremy in Iraq. But he’s been home for two months.... The postmark - September 10, 2004. Return to Sender. His address had been marked through and another address listed. Then that address had been scribbled through. Holy shit. No wonder he never wrote me back! This was about 5:10 or so. I went in the house and made sure Nate didn’t have any homework and I got the phone and called Jer. I hadn’t talked to him since December of 2003. And... obviously we had stopped writing while he was overseas because... he never got my letter. He got on the phone and we talked for the next... almost three hours. That particular package had the first beaded bracelet I ever made in it. And photos. He said, “Send it to me here! At this rate, I’ll probably get it in July.” LOL!! He is a wonderful guy. His girlfriend is a very, very lucky lady. He’s leaving the military and going into respiratory therapy. Good for him! He said, “I just want a job where I don’t have to kill anybody and nobody’s throwing bombs at me and trying to kill me.” Well said. And if I ever have to have respiratory therapy... drool... I’ll take that 6'4" dude with the baby blues. He’s a very compassionate person so I know he’ll do well. ************************************ You know how I feel right now? I feel like I do when I’ve spent a month preparing for a million dollar case and it settles right before trial... when we’re getting ready to pack the cars with boxes and trial suits and the damn case settles. The adrenaline goes...pfffffffffffffffft! And we’re left with the depression, the let down. That’s how I feel. I feel that way because of the recent goings on in Blogland. I miss Jack. I miss Jack’s archives. But I’m not gonna whine about it. I’m too devious to not try and do something about it... hee hee. ********************************** I wrote this in a letter to a friend and had mentioned it to another blogger and they wondered if I had posted it and I hadn’t so, here it is: You see, I could lay out topless in Europe. Go to the local beach and watch Nate play in the sand with my breasts bared. I’d watch the men behind my glasses in their Speedos, trying to look at me without getting caught. Not only me though, the other women too. All of us different, our breasts different, some women pregnant in their bikinis. I wanted to laugh sometimes, wondering why those men put themselves through the game of trying to look like they’re not looking when they were looking. They seemed interested in our bodies and then they would leave the beach and swim out to the boat line. I knew the water was deep and cold there, its where I almost drowned. I wondered if they cooled their bodies just to come back to the beach and put themselves through it again. Have a good weekend. I'll be making a trip by your place. Yes, you. No need to tidy up. I'll just pop by for a minute. Oh, and I can't remember who, but somebody had pudding on their monitor. You guys may want to check that.
  • |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------