Thursday, June 03, 2004

Even the best laid plans...

Just when I thought I would get to work early... some numb nuts has to dump a load of metal on the Interstate. That was westbound, I'm going eastbound, so I think "no problem." This is a problem. Traffic is backed up for miles in all directions. I am the queen of backroads and normally that's where I head when traffic problems crop up. Alas, I was drawn into a sense of false security by mere directional analysis. I hate sitting in traffic. Its boring and tedious. I wore a callous on my finger from changing the radio stations, trying to find something that wasn't some talk show, in other words, wow, I wanted to listen to music. I finally flipped over to an older rock station in the extended area, which I can get on a clear day, with a full moon and Venus getting ready to eclipse the sun, and was rewarded with the tail end of the one of the greatest rock songs ever written, IMHO, "Jane" by Jefferson Starship (Airplane?). Which is right up there with Bob Seger's "Night Moves" and Billy Squire's "Stroke Me" although "Everybody Wants You" remains an absolute favorite. Then I'm reminded of "Man on the Silver Mountain" and "Stone Cold" by Rainbow and "Show Me the Way" and "I Don't Need No Doctor" by Peter Frampton, which reminds me of W.A.S.P...Live in the Raw, they do a cover of "I Don't Need..." Shuck me, suck me, eat me raw, this is "Harder, Faster!" If you haven't heard this CD it is well worth the money if you like that sort of balls to the walls rock n roll. Not AC/DC by any stretch of the imagination but the musical arrangements are quol and Blackie Lawless always made me want to take my underwear off and do the nasty. Speaking of musical arrangements, the Scorpions with the Berlin Philharmonic puts Metallica to shame. This is why I hate sitting in traffic and would rather drive 20 miles out of my way so as just to keep moving. My mind moves too quickly to just sit. It must be engaged. That's what I like about the Beaufriend. He's intelligent and passionate about his beliefs so he debates a lot. He's informed not just a rattle-trap. But most importantly, when he touches me, everything is still except the merest of breaths and the beating of our hearts. Its as though we float a foot off the ground and leave the chaos of life behind. And my mind is chaos.
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------