Friday, September 10, 2004

Bright Blessings!

As we stand a day away from the anniversary of the September 11th attack, I wanted to remember the blessings in my life and how the spirits move in mysterious ways. I'm poor. There is no doubt about this. But, I'm richer than a lot of folks are. For one, I found blogger and I found all of you or you found me. It doesn't matter much who hit who's site first. If I need a laugh or a cry or to vent, I know where to go. You all have been a blessing in my life. I'm blessed in having a very, very interesting child who I wanted to kill this morning. My hands clenched and my teeth ground and I said, "I can't believe I want to kill my only child." Then I talked myself out of it and he's at school, alive and well. He actually did his homework yesterday, 20 pages. He did it and I didn't have stand over him with a sledgehammer. I was so proud and hopeful. I'm blessed. I'm blessed with a dysfunctional family who irritate me but still change my oil and help put brakes on the car when I need it. Life wouldn't be nearly as interesting or irritating without them but that's what families are for, so they're a blessing too. I still have my health, although I'm slowly trying to kill myself with too many cigarettes and gallons of coffee. For the most part, my doctor is mad that I'm not sicker. I may be a little crazy but I think the love I have in me balances that out. I have friends who actually don't use me for anything and who just like to spend time with me, whether it be in person or online chatting. They're a blessing. My boss and my co-workers are a blessing. My boss asked me this morning why I was wearing glasses, obviously outdated, a little yellowed with age, instead of my contacts. Well, my contacts are butt-fockin' old and have began irritating my eyes to the point I can't wear them. I had planned on getting new contacts and glasses this week but alas, I had to pay the phone bill or my blogging would have been done at work instead of home, and I wouldn't have had phone service either. I also am 5 months behind on my car inspection and I need new tires to pass inspection by the end of the month. Did I mention my 20th anniversary trip to Cedar Point next weekend with one of my bestest friends Beanie??? So, my boss decided to give me a $500 bonus. He said, "you're no good to me blind." I told him, "I always make do with what I have." But yeah, a $500 bonus minus taxes will come in handy. I guess that's what I get for telling him I had an offer to make $12,000.00 more dollars a year but turned it down because I knew they would never challange me like he does. I'm very, very blessed. I'm blessed to have the faith that I do in a higher being and the spirits which swirl around me. I have learned when in the darkest hours to simply - give it over to them. To realize that sometimes if you stop trying to control everything and start believing in something bigger, greater and a hell of lot more powerful than you will ever hope to be, life can be calmer and more fulfilling. Its a blessing to realize that I don't have to be strong all the time and I can hand my troubles over to my Lord and Lady and watch the magic that happens when I stop trying to do it all myself. I wish you all Bright Blessings!! ~Inanna
  • |

    17 Comments:

    Blogger Celti said...

    Weeee, I'm first!

    That is beautiful, Inanna...we should all take and inventory of our blessings often. It really helps us not feel so bad about the things that aren't blessings. I think I'll do that today...thanks for the inspiration.

    Blessed be!

    9/10/2004 11:07:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Celti -- You're welcome and yes, its something I try to remember to do.

    Katrina -- Thank you so much for coming by. I read your post today and I love "Broken" but yes, so sad. Thanks for the blessing.

    **And double blessings to my boss for giving me a $1000 bonus instead of $500. OMG!!

    9/10/2004 01:28:00 PM  
    Blogger jp said...

    That's great, Inanna. You are a rich woman......

    9/10/2004 02:35:00 PM  
    Blogger Leese said...

    Thank you Inanna for this post. I was bitching about my life today. How I didn't get enough sleep, how I got a scratch on my car, etc. I'm sure there are thousands of families right now who are still grieving their losses from 9/11.
    I lost two distant cousins in the Twin Towers. I'm ashamed that I can be so bitchy about trivial things today.
    Thanks for the wake up call.

    9/10/2004 03:06:00 PM  
    Blogger Phoesable said...

    sister spirit, I LOVE this... thanks for the reminder to count the things that count and may many more bright blessings fall on you this weekend.

    9/10/2004 03:37:00 PM  
    Blogger Aimee said...

    Oh Nann, how beautiful! Thank you so much for making a great big bright spot in the middle of my day. You're an absolute gem. :)

    9/10/2004 04:48:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    JP -- I'm a millionaire man.

    Leese -- You got a scratch on your new CAR??? I hate the first one.... I've been down myself and needed to redirect my attention to something more positive. I think its working.

    Sister Moon -- I pray for you every night and I hope those blessings don't leave any holes in the roof. Perhaps they could just float down :o)

    Aimee -- Would that be a diamond kinda gem? Or just something that really glitters in the sunlight? Glad I could make you smile today.

    9/10/2004 05:29:00 PM  
    Blogger Michael said...

    You sound like me -- I'm always reminding myself of my blessings.... and then qualifying them. "I'm lucky to have my sister... even though she makes me nuts half the time. I'm lucky to live in L.A., though this traffic sucks ass..."

    9/10/2004 05:50:00 PM  
    Blogger Jack said...

    You're someone's blessing, too, Inanna.

    9/10/2004 07:58:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Michael -- As long as we count our blessings I guess we can qualify them anyway we want... after all, that's reality.

    Jack -- *blush* Thank you.

    Jay -- I try to remember. And damn Jay, your post today just made me boo hoo. It was beautiful.

    9/10/2004 08:39:00 PM  
    Blogger Tsarina said...

    Thanks for reminding me of all of the joy in my own life.

    9/11/2004 12:05:00 PM  
    Blogger foxymama said...

    And now I am blessed for reading this blog. Wisdom comes in many guises. Thank you...

    9/12/2004 01:32:00 PM  
    Blogger Zelda said...

    Innana,
    I swear you and Zelda were probably separated at birth. You ladies have such a knack for finding the good in any situation. I am so used to being in control that whenever something happens that's out of my control, I fall apart. In fact, I'm thinking about surrendering to that higher power...especially if it will help me with the results of my board exams!

    9/12/2004 11:38:00 PM  
    Blogger Esther said...

    blogger is acting up again *sigh*
    anyways, it's awesome that you can count your blessings. It's easy to list all the things the wrong things, but it takes character to count your blessings

    9/13/2004 05:16:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Lovisa - Likewise

    Tsarina - You’re welcome

    Foxymama - You’re welcome as well

    Jethro - Zelda and I were separated at birth, she’s the Tequila and I’m the margarita mix. I sent good energy your way this weekend!!!

    9/13/2004 09:38:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Esther - Thank you!!!

    9/13/2004 09:53:00 AM  
    Blogger Leslie said...

    Thanks so much for reminding all of us that there is beauty and love in our lives - even when things are driving us crazy or getting us down.

    9/13/2004 06:02:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------