Friday, May 06, 2005

Three Lonely E-Mails... (with addendum)

*Addendum* I posted Chapters 3 & 4 of "Rainy Day" at Nanowrimo. I hope you peeps are just ignoring the fact I asked you to kindly e-mail me and let me know if you decided to submit a story... I got three lonely e-mails. For shame. Hey, I will be glad to take the $200.00 you WON'T be getting. Don't hurt my feelings not one bit! Onward. I have been beading instead of blogging. I just can't do both. Not without the fancy voice recognition software I don't have. I took some pictures of my efforts. The pictures suck because they are with my digi but I think you will get the idea. This is supposed to be a very pretty shade of blue! The stone in the middle actually looks like one of those blue, kinda clear, marbles. The stone is set in the rosebud turned sunburst centerpiece. The necklace is made from size 10 seed beads and bugles utilizing the ladder stitch. This is a bracelet I made my Mom for Mother's Day. The center is a bead which looks to me like a dogwood tree. It is in a beaded rosebud type thing made with size 11 pink iridescent seadbeeds and the bracelet itself is made of dark green delicas exquisitely wrought in two-drop Peyote stitch. (Shut up) These matching earrings are also made with size 11 iridescent pink beads and the larger center beads have what appears to be a dogwood bloom on them. The large bead for the bracelet was purchased in WV, while the matching beads in the earrings were found in Las Vegas. Brace yourselves, I wanted to let you know, whilst searching my incredibly cramped and cluttered desk for AAA batteries (digi cam peeps... most vibes take AA), I found... *squeal* Ten, size 12, John James English beading needles. I know you almost orgasmed as I did when I saw them. Please, don't rush the stage! I told you I found some really cool Czech beads to finish making Trashman's better half's brooch with... right? Well, I just did. That, and my first foray into doll making, are next. That's it. I'm tired. Glad its Friday. I've got a lot of work to do this weekend. Have a good one!
  • |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------