Friday, August 05, 2005

Death Due To Nagging

I’ve been told I’m much more light-hearted and funny in person than I am on my blog. That would be Katey who told me that. I guess I do swing toward the solemn, serious, introspective side here. Which is okay. Although occasionally I do like to break ranks and try to be funny... like today. JP’s post yesterday reminded me of a story I heard while touring the Moundsville State Penitentiary in Moundsville, West Virginia. Its claim to fame is being featured on MTV’s Fear Factor or whatever it was. Thousands of people tour this dark, dank, reportedly haunted, behemoth. Some stay overnight, which is something I would like to do. As we were touring the facility, we heard a lot of stories about the inmates (and snitches), break outs, and the uprising which resulted in the death of one of those snitches. He was disemboweled while still alive. Sorry, didn’t know you were eating. We saw a lot of artwork that the inmates had done. It was impressive. One was a painting of an 18 wheeler. Our guide was a former guard at the facility (and had the burn marks to prove it. An inmate heated coffee in a tin cup with a lighter and threw it on her.). She said she had gone on vacation and when she got back the mural was done. She congratulated the inmate who had painted it and she remarked on the name of the truck. I don’t remember the name, so we’ll say Sharon. He said, "Yeah, gawd I loved that woman. She was beautiful." Blah, blah, blah, etc. etc. extolling her virtues... "but all she did was nag, nag, nag. I couldn’t even watch a television show that she wasn’t nag, nag, nagging. I worked hard on the road and come home to her naggin’." Guess who he was in prison for killing? Then my cousin PC was talking to me about a couple of cases he’s had to testify in (he’s a firearms examiner). Let’s see, there’s the "accidental discharge" where a guy shot his girlfriend in the face (he said he thought the gun was unloaded). Oh, and the other "accidental discharge" where the guy shot another guy in the leg and in the head... then told someone that he just had to kill him (over a woman - the same woman who married someone else six months later.) Nothing says love like a bullet to the head. Isn’t that kind of like saying, "Sir, I did not drown that man. I merely held him underwater. Its his own fault he breathed in water." Okay, maybe this wasn’t so funny. I’ll try again next week. PHOTO BY BEANIE
  • |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------