Thursday, July 29, 2004

4 a.m.

(Telephone ringing) (whispery throaty voice)  Hello Inanna. Yeah. (Who the fuck else would answer my phone at 4 a.m. with a female voice?) We still don't have a baby. (Then why the fuck are you calling me? At 4 fucking A.M.?) They checked her at 12:45 and she had only dilated to 2. Uh huh. I told you it would today before she had that baby.  Do you know you have to be at the homestead for closing at 9 a.m. (Why did I bring this up?) Yes! and I'm really upset about that. I'm calling the realtor at 6 a.m. and... (blah, blah, blah... snore) Inanna?  Yep. Well, I'm going to go (blah, blah) Yeah, call me when we have a baby. 7:30 a.m. (whilst I sleep through the alarm for 45 minutes) (Telephone ringing) (whispery throaty voice) Hello We still don't have a baby...blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...6 cm....blah, blah, blah...epidural...passing out... blah, blah, blah... 11:00 a.m....blah, blah.. realtor... blah, blah... Mom, call me when we have a baby. (Click) If I gotta wait... so do you.  Saturday is the Blue Moon, maybe my little niece/nephew will wait until then to make his/her appearance... (evil laugh) 
  • |

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Me said...

    Inanna, I think I missed something... is your MOM having a baby? Or did I mis-read something because I'm sofa king we todd did?

    7/29/2004 11:05:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Ang -- LMFAO!! Yeah, hun, you did miss something. At the very bottom of my post I put on there that perhaps my niece/nephew would wait for the Blue Moon to show up... its my brother and sister-in-law who are awaiting the birth of their third child-monster. My mom was at the hospital with them most of yesterday. LOL!! No, no, my mom is not having a baby... LMAO!!! Sorry hun, but the idea of my mom being allowed to propogate and raise another child is beyond my comprehension and just EW!

    7/29/2004 11:35:00 AM  
    Blogger jp said...

    Gotta love the 4 a.m. phone call. Nothing like sharing your joy.

    7/29/2004 12:44:00 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Inanna,
    That was just funny!

    7/29/2004 01:06:00 PM  
    Blogger Phoesable said...

    Your mom is somethin' else, Inanna. This story cracked me up. Here's to the Blue Moon.

    7/29/2004 01:41:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------