Wednesday, July 28, 2004

What I Hate About Mornings

1. I hate waking up at 4 a.m. because the temperature has crept one degree above my comfort level. 2. I hate tossing and turning trying to find a cool spot. 3. I hate having to actually get out of bed to turn the air conditioner on. 4. I hate it when I get up to the A/C on and my cats wake up and want love. 5. I hate playing "punt the kitty" at 4 a.m. 6. I hate oversleeping. What I Love About Mornings 1. Getting up and realizing my clock was set forward a half on an hour so I didn't really oversleep. 2. Coffee What I Hate About Mornings 2 1. Going back to bed after realizing I didn't oversleep so I can actually oversleep. 2. My 15 lb. cat laying on my head and chewing my hair because he wants to go outside. 3. Playing "punt the kitty" while attempting to oversleep. 4. Realizing "punting the kitty" is not working and having to get out of bed to throw said cat onto the porch. 5. Oversleeping an additional 15 minutes to make up for playing "punt the kitty." 6. Realizing it is so humid my hair will not dry until tomorrow. 7. Traffic 8. John Boy and Billy What I Love About Mornings 2 1. More coffee 2. 10 a.m.
  • |

    10 Comments:

    Blogger jp said...

    Who are John Boy and Billy???

    7/28/2004 11:04:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Redneck, Nascar lovin', right wing, stupid fuckers who irritate me but who happen to be on my fave radio station. They're online somewhere... a syndicated morning show.

    7/28/2004 11:08:00 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Cats can be cruel in the morning. My two cats run across my body (with claws), jump on me from the dresser, put wet noses all over my face, and do other bad kitty things.

    What do they want? attention, food...

    rrrrr bad kitties, let mommy sleep damnit!

    7/28/2004 12:31:00 PM  
    Blogger evilsciencechick said...

    Ha! Dogs are better than cats. I taught my dog to sleep in! Now if I have to get up really early for something, I have to drag her lazy ass out of bed while she groans and whines at me.

    7/28/2004 12:40:00 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Inanna,
    Oh the joy, it isn't cats I have to fight with to go back to sleep, it is the 3 year old! I wish I could put him outside and go back to bed somedays!

    7/28/2004 01:25:00 PM  
    Blogger Zelda said...

    You pretty much said it all, except that I can't drink coffee and it's a wet pull-up on my head instead of a cat. Oh, and I like the Redneck, Nascar lovin', right wing, stupid fuckers on my favorite radio station. There is absolutely no accounting for my taste. :-)

    7/28/2004 02:31:00 PM  
    Blogger Phoesable said...

    hate mornings. not even a sloth, but hate mornings.

    ironically, love dawn. never get to see it, but on the miserable occasions when I do, it always takes my breath away.

    7/28/2004 07:55:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Vader, Jenn and Zelda -- been there, done that... and Zelda, you know I love ya girl!

    Regan -- dogs rock but cats rule

    Sloth -- you give whole new meaning to pussy tossing... gotta give that a try

    Sister Moon -- I do love the dawn, on my terms. You have made me want to travel to the mountains in the dead of night and sit in the mist as the sun breaks.

    7/28/2004 08:51:00 PM  
    Blogger Esther said...

    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that struggles with mornings, and going to work with wet hair.
    My cats have been delegated to sleep outside my room. I close my bedroom door so they can't come in. The one snores and the other one plays "chase the imaginary mouse" at 2 in the mornings.

    7/29/2004 05:49:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Ah Esther, I love your blog. Need to stop by for a visit. My cat plays with an imaginary mouse under the blankets, right where my feet are. Ugh.

    7/29/2004 10:51:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------