Thursday, August 18, 2005

Whip It Good

Well, I’m slowly getting back in the groove. I had more travel delays yesterday on my way to pick Nate up. Oh. Joy. So, on with my trip. On Saturday, we met up with Jeanette and Tony for some R&R at Pho Republic, a great little Vietnamese restaurant. My food was excellent and everyone else seemed to like it as well. Jeanette even filled her food hump. My clay pot seafood wasn’t the same as what I’d had with Zelda and Jethro in Houston but it was still delicious. Jeanette was exactly as I had imagined her. It was almost surreal being there, as it is at time when I actually get to meet bloggers. She has the absolute cutest dimples in the world. And were I taller I would definitely like to her put her in MY pocket and carry around her sunshine. We got the low down on her wedding details. Tony is a great guy and they are well matched. We went to Disney and shopped. No, we didn’t go IN Disney but just went shopping. I was so glad just to be able to break bread with them, chat, talk to Trashman, who made a surprising appearance just as we were talking about him, (strange) and generally spend time and catch up with them. Its hard to get to know someone in a few hours, even if you do read their blog, but Tony and Jeanette were both very open and friendly. Just as you would imagine. I wish you two the very best as you start your life together in ... TWO DAYS!! ACK!! Sunday, we caught up with AJ and Aimee in Santa Barbara. Having met Aimee and AJ already it was just great to catch up with them and talk and laugh and compare notes. AJ told a joke so funny that I almost spit my Cold Stone ice cream (best damn ice cream in the world) out of my nose. I haven’t laughed that hard at a joke in a very long time. He just told it so well. Gawd, wish you could have been there. Got to talk to Brighton as well. Was great to hear your voice, Trish! Went to the beach, ate Cuban food, cooked our own food, had dinner with Mike’s friend Lyssa, toured Beverly Hills, got some killer cheese, watched “Finding Nemo,” and generally hung out and relaxed. Relaxation was over once I got to Atlanta. Gah. You know about that. I could give you the run-down of everything I did in the time period I was there but its too painful to think about right now. No pictures of anything as I couldn’t find my camera. But, I’m sure Aimee, AJ, Mike, and Jeanette will fulfill your need for pics. I have some other things going on related to the last post I did before my trip. I’m not going to post about it here. If you want the low-down, e-mail me at nanner.peach@gmail.com and say, “HIT ME.” Fascinating commentary from my little slice of the world. Again, I’ll be around to your slice of the world as soon as possible.
  • |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------