Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Divine Mr. M

If you're a man stick your fingers in your ears and sing, "La, la, la, I'm not listening." (Thanks Brighton, I stole your line!) This is a post for the readers of the female species. People Magazine, after years of passing up my one true Hollywood crush, has finally seen the error of it's ways and chosen Matthew McConaughey as their sexiest man alive! Sweet Jesus, my prayers have been answered!! When it was announced, yes I did a little happy dance, shut up, I'm in love with the man, ok? I could care less that he's never been a huge Hollywood A-list star or that he has a penchant for nudity, bongos and mary jane or he actually owns an Airstream travel trailer. Just LOOK at the man! Does he not exude sex appeal? The answer is yes, so don't try and convince me otherwise. Add that he's a UT grad, what's not to love, right? One day I was watching a run down of the college football scores and he came on to discuss UT football. I promptly quit folding the laundry and went over and kissed the tv. Yes, I used tongue. Shut up. I sat there transfixed and just listed to him talk about football with his west Texas accent. The world stopped for a moment that day. The world stopped again when I actually had the pleasure of meeting the man in person. I was with a girlfriend in Austin at Hoover's. Hoover's is an Austin eatery icon. It's good down home cookin' ya'll and shouldn't be missed if you're ever in the area. We'd gone in for a bite to eat and got more than we bargained for. I'm halfway into my plate of ribs, and in walks the divine Mr. M. I about choke on my sauce. I instantly feel myself get all nervous and I feel my face flush. He sits there casual and chats with a male friend. I can't quit staring! Ok, and drooling. Shut up. He gets his food and we watch him eat and talk and eat. We're done and need to leave but we can't decide if we should go over and say hi. Screw it! It's a once in a life time chance. We walk over casually and say hi and tell him we're big fans. Duh, like he's never heard that before. He wipes his hands on a napkin, smiles, shakes our hand and says thank you. God, those million dollar dimples made me melt! Not wanting to push out luck we don't stick around for small talk or ask for an autograph. I kick myself now. We excuse ourselves and practically run out the door. Once outside we SCREAM with delight. I'm sure everyone inside heard us. That's my one and only brush with Hollywood greatness. Congratulations Matthew, People finally picked a winner!
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------