Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Scorpittarius

I am a Scorpitarrius, born on the cusp between the signs of Scorpio and Sagittarius. I found a great site on the web that describes the pros and cons of each sign. Reading the Scorpio sign explanation was quite frightening. Even more so because I saw a lot (lot,lot) of myself there. But more interesting was when I read the Sagittarius explanation and found myself saying, “OHHHHHH...” As a typical Scorpio, it would not dawn on me that even having been born on the cusp that I might actually draw some personality traits from that centaur, Sagittaria. However, my fine friends, Inanna is more of a Sagittarius than she first thought. One of the problems with being a Scorpittarius is, that damn temper. The Scorpio: Their sensitivity, together with a propensity for extreme likes and dislikes make them easily hurt, quick to detect insult or injury to themselves (often when none is intended) and easily aroused to ferocious anger, and the Sagittarius: The vices to which Sagittarians are prone are anger: they tend to flare up over trifles; They can, however, be impulsively angry and both male and female Sagittarians know how to be outspoken and exactly what expressions will hurt their adversaries most. This is not good and I can see so much of myself in that. Worse, is this: Scorpio is the symbol of sex and Scorpios are passionate lovers, the most sensually energetic of all the signs. Not only that, we are incredibly loyal, very loyal, and jealous creatures. However, Sags become restless and have a need to travel and be free. Scorpios are homebodies, water signs with a need for our own permanent space. Sags are movers, shakers, and travelers who are as at home in a hotel room as their bedroom. Scorpios like to hide under rocks and be private, whilst poking anyone who disturbs them with their stinger, impatient and irritated. Sags are attention whores. Scorpios like sex and security. Sags like sex and freedom. This is indeed the hardest aspects of my personality to reconcile because I am exactly BOTH of these signs in this regard. The teacher in me is the Sag, the writer in me is the Scorpio. Angi once called me mysterious. Angi, its all part of the Scorpio: In their everyday behavior they give the appearance of being withdrawn from the center of activity, yet those who know them will recognize the watchfulness that is part of their character. The best balance in myself between the signs is the strong familial pull of the Scorpio (especially towards its water sign sibling - Cancer) which balances the Sag’s propensity to allow their careers to take over their lives. Another good balance is between the Scorpio’s propensity to hate someone for life if they have wronged me and the Sag’s magnanimity in forgiving injuries and transgressions. I always wondered where that soft spot came from. Damn Sagittarius interferes with my ability to hate forever. One thing I laughed at in making this comparison was this: They do, however, make excellent friends, provided that their companions do nothing to impugn the honor of which Scorpios are very jealous. Reminds me of the time one of my friends dared to accuse me of lying. I was out of my chair and in her face with bow, arrow, pinchers, and stinger in raised position in the blink of an eye. This is a very rare thing. Honestly, I don’t draw all of the weapons. The stinger alone is very effective. Yet she impugned me honor!! (Which reminds me of Captain Barbossa in “Pirates of the Carribean.”) Alas, I forgave her, right after she apologized as I threatened to rain down death and destruction upon her and her entire family. And since its half-nekkid Thursday, the big shot of my scorpion. If you would like to read the full explanations of astrological signs, you may do so at www.astrology-online.com.
  • |

    19 Comments:

    Blogger Ms. Sylaneous said...

    Well... I too just learned that I'm a SCORPITTARIUS. Weird because I've ALWAYS heard people tell me, 'Wow... that's very scorpio of you' or 'you seem to have more scorpio tendencies than sagittarius'. I just ASSUMED it was becasue I was born so close... never did I imagine that being born so close to the end of one and start of another that I could actually have an astrological 'mesh of traits' if you will.. .Hmmm! Go figure! LOL

    9/30/2010 12:16:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I too, am a Scorpittarius, born right in the middle on Nov. 22. I really loved the post, so frighteningly accurate. Feeling so misunderstood at times and yet above it all on other occasions, it was almost tear-jerking to be known in such a way...the duality blissfully and harmoniously quadrupels...lol

    7/11/2012 03:05:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Isn't it wonderful how we can fall so deeply for someone, yet we find ourselves unable to say those 3 little words. And our fear of commitment prevents us from so much yet keeps our possibilities endless. Sometimes I wonder how I even have friends. I'm such a pain in the butt. But hey that's what keeps a scorpittarius interesting right? (:

    6/24/2013 02:18:00 AM  
    Blogger sagittarius24 said...

    Omg! Now that I know a scorpittarius really exist I have finally found my true zodiac sign!

    4/22/2014 10:13:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Nov 23 here. I found the love of my life a scorpio with a lot of planets in Sagg. At first there was trust issues, scorpio is so secretive. But after six years we've become inseparable and I've finally been able to start giving more of my deep heart than I've ever been able to. To lose him would be the death of me i think, and him. But he's been so good to me. Kind, forgiving, passionate. I've learned alot. He asked me" Do I have potatoes growing in my head" Yes i do, I am a terrible listener. But when I really listen, and look in to his eyes and trust, I realize it's all true. He really does love me. Thank God for this kind of love <3

    7/25/2014 04:00:00 PM  
    Blogger Danielle Ford said...

    I loved reading this so much! I'm Nov 22 and have always enjoyed the balance both signs have brought me, but it also brings about some confusion as you mention.

    5/25/2017 02:00:00 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Me too! Exactly!

    6/13/2017 04:35:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello! Thank you for this article. I enjoyed reading it. I'm a Nov 22 Scorpittarius woman. Having both traits can be a pain in the butt for other people that have to deal with us. I've left exes in a ball of confusion. People either love us, hate us, or both.

    7/17/2017 12:37:00 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Nov 20, I now understand myself and has a sense of who I really am, the Scorpio in me always want to get u bak but the sagg in me let it all go,so I try to stick with the good characteristics from each sign

    4/10/2018 10:49:00 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Nov 22. And yup. It’s me

    5/09/2018 11:24:00 PM  
    Blogger DJ Motrax said...

    November 21,I can relate.

    5/11/2018 03:40:00 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I am also! I would like to know who am i compatible with?

    6/26/2018 08:40:00 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    High five fellow birthday sharing person! I'm Nov 23 too!

    8/07/2018 04:31:00 AM  
    Blogger peacejournalist said...

    Me too. Woman born on Nov. 19.

    9/03/2018 04:51:00 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I am the softer side of Scorpio... My sun is less than 1 degree of being smack dab in the middle of Scorpio and Sagittarius... I am Scorpio....I have been told by several people that I'm very difficult to read... I can absolutely Identify with this article... I love the idea of being difficult to read as I can keep so much of my privacy...

    1/09/2020 01:41:00 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Nov 22 life is a jungle!!!!

    9/07/2020 09:54:00 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Enjoy the 2 wild sides!!😉

    9/07/2020 09:55:00 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I myself am on the cusp as well. November 23, I am just curious if any other scorp/sag cusps feel like they arc most similar to Cancers. Because I am always finding similarities between scorpatarius and cancer?

    10/11/2020 10:26:00 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Nov 23rd here!! First I'd like to say ...heyyyyy family 😂😂
    I've been studying me for so long. Reading this makes me feel as if I just unlocked a major level!

    1/02/2021 05:39:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------