Thursday, February 16, 2006

Remember The Seeker and Other Schtuff

If you don’t remember Seeker then this won’t mean much to you. For those of you that do, I finally caught the non-email-responding-non-blogging bastard online last night. He was actually looking for me too, since he hadn’t responded to my desperate plea for information of his whereabouts and how his life in Oz was going. He’s good. Says that he and Nord are both stubborn but they work through it. They have moved from the Outback to the oldest inland settlement in Oz and are about an hour from the ocean. He’s still the same old Seeker - no punctuation, plenty of sharp ideas, and attitude. Most of our conversation was taken up by one his sharp ideas that I’m not at liberty to discuss and I wish I had had more time to chat with him. He says to tell you all "hello from Oz" and maybe he’ll be back around some day. ***** Nate, who has been doing SO GOOD in school, was sent to the Principal’s office the other day because he had fashioned a "weapon." He had found a paperclip in his student planner and had bent it. Basically, he was playing with it so he didn’t write down his assignments. By definition of the student handbook any instrument may be considered a "weapon" including pencils and pens if used with the INTENT TO HARM. Nate intended to harm no one. He was merely playing around with a paperclip. He didn’t touch anyone with it. He didn’t poke it into the desk. He didn’t deface school property, unless you want to count bending the paperclip. I’m wondering whether this merited a trip to the Principal’s office instead of a friendly reminder from his teacher not to twist and distort the paperclip. Jeff feels as though they’re blowing up every incident with Nate so as to label him a "dangerous student" so they can send him to "alternative school." Jeff now thinks it’s a good idea if we send him to private school, which costs 2 ½ times more than my car payment. I can’t say I disagree with Jeff’s assessment of the situation nor can I say that I disagree with wanting to send Nate to private school. I’ve wanted to for a very long time. There’s a lot that goes into that as well, with the public school, the private school, Nate and of course, me and Jeff. This is going to be interesting. I guess we’ll go this evening, they’re having an information session, and see what it’s all about. Nate is wobbly about switching. He wants to see the school and what it’s all about first. Jeff and I are back and forth about the affects on Nate etc. etc. ad nauseum of leaving him where he is and switching him. *Sigh*
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------