Friday, June 25, 2004

Aiding and Abetting...

My Family and Jesse James I am the family's resident genealogist. I am aware of how many times I am my own cousin. Big deal. The royals did it, we did it, oh well. Appalachian Royalty has a certain twang and we don't have one eye in the middle of our forehead or hemophilia. There is a family story, passed on by my Great-Great-Grandmother Julie (Ma-Ma's side). Now G-G-Grandma Julie was about the same age as my Great-Grandmother on my Pa-Pa's side, so she wasn't really THAT old in relation to the rest. She did live to see great-great grandchildren born, just like my Pa-Pa. The story is that Julie lived with her mother in Pikeville, KY in the late 1800's. Supposedly, her mother ran a boardinghouse in the area, Jesse James stayed there, or rather they hid him while on the lam, and he tipped my g-g-grandmother $50 for bringing him a meal. Now, I'm inclined to believe it was $5 which probably seemed like $50 as she said she was 6 or 7 years old at the time. Other family genes have discounted this story because supposedly Jesse James was not in that area at the time. Julie was not the type to make up stories of that nature so I was leaning toward Julie. (Now, I never knew her personally, I'm only going on the character reference of my grandfather and grandmother) I dug around and dug around in archives and such looking for clues to Jesse James whereabouts during this time frame. Finally, I found what I was looking for. I was reading stories on www.crimelibrary.com. Its my thing. Yes, I read about serial killers and the mob and outlaws. It serves me well. They have a section on Jesse James which is fairly long and involved written by a Civil War buff and BOOYAH! There it is in black and white... he went through KY in August of 1876. Julie would have been 6 or 7 years old at the time as she was born in August 1869. My family were conferedate sympathizers, even though they all deserted, and in old stories were linked to Quantrill's Raiders. This doesn't prove that Jesse James and my g-g-grandmother ever crossed paths. But it doesn't disprove it either. I'm naturally more inclined to believe the family story, with a grain of salt, that we aided and abetted one of the most notorious outlaws ever. I'm so proud...sniff... does anyone have a tissue?
  • |

    15 Comments:

    Blogger Seeker said...

    Jesus Christ man You are a-spamming everywheres Jay! Fucktard! muhahahha

    Anyways, just a note for yas Inanna.....

    I read almost all of your blog and I tended to notice a striking trend about your train of thought. I am wondering if you have ever been tested for ADD yourself?

    There is nothing negative about my question there I assure you just a mere inquiry... actually I like your writing style.

    6/25/2004 11:48:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Jay - thanks, thanks, thanks and thanks again. Who's Prada and why has it been mentioned on my blog? I'm a jeans and t-shirt, nudist sort of girl. Although I saw a Burberry purse in an upscale store around here. Its 50 bucks which means I'll never own it, even though they retail for $350. Then again, I have been working a lot of overtime...

    Seeker - no offense taken and no, I've never been tested, but yeah, I can say I'm more than likely ADD/ADHD... then again it may be some form of abnormal psychosis yet to be discovered or named (I would call it "lakkanufnooky).

    BTW... there is a link to the crime library if you click on the title.

    6/25/2004 12:28:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Jay - thanks, thanks, thanks and thanks again. Who's Prada and why has it been mentioned on my blog? I'm a jeans and t-shirt, nudist sort of girl. Although I saw a Burberry purse in an upscale store around here. Its 50 bucks which means I'll never own it, even though they retail for $350. Then again, I have been working a lot of overtime...

    Seeker - no offense taken and no, I've never been tested, but yeah, I can say I'm more than likely ADD/ADHD... then again it may be some form of abnormal psychosis yet to be discovered or named (I would call it "lakkanufnooky).

    BTW... there is a link to the crime library if you click on the title.

    6/25/2004 12:29:00 PM  
    Blogger jp said...

    Booyah is my fucking word. :o)

    6/25/2004 12:55:00 PM  
    Blogger AJ in Nashville said...

    My daddy was born in a log cabin in Asphalt, KY (southcentral, near the TN border). Just thought you'd like to know... :)

    Yeee-HAW!

    6/25/2004 02:09:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    JP - you may want to check with Seeker on that cuz he uses it too. BOOYAH!

    AJ - look out, we may be related. :o)

    6/25/2004 02:15:00 PM  
    Blogger Seeker said...

    Aww... Inanna is looking after ole Seek =)

    I share my words so feel free to use it all you want!

    and yes,

    I RULE!

    6/25/2004 02:27:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good thing you work in law...that way I can't b.s. you over the owner rights to the word Booyah!! :o)

    6/25/2004 02:50:00 PM  
    Blogger jp said...

    Oops, I hit the anon. button. I am me. :o)

    6/25/2004 02:50:00 PM  
    Blogger jp said...

    BTW - If you really had girl-on-girl action, I have a plane ticket with the name of your town on it. :o)

    Oh and thanks for the comment over at my place, but I had to set up a haloscan acct b/c the comment link was driving me nuts. If you would be so kind as to repost over there, I'd be greatly appreciate it.

    6/25/2004 03:07:00 PM  
    Blogger Varla said...

    girl, you are funny. I would loved to have aided and abetted...someone...my family is so boring it's amazing we procreated.

    6/25/2004 03:16:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Seek, babe, always!

    JP - Ye of little faith. I had what one would consider a "lesbian relationship" between the ages of 18 and 21. We stopped seeing each other because she finally figured out she was really a lesbian and wanted to have a lesbian partner. She hated men, I love men. You'd be surprised though, or maybe you wouldn't, about how many women would like to try it with another woman but don't. Pussies... ;-)

    6/25/2004 03:24:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Varla - maybe your fam is just not inbred enough????? LMAO!!

    6/25/2004 03:27:00 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Inanna,
    Your too cool chickey! YOu know, its funny cuz I obsess on that crime library site too. I like the child killer section... weird and freaky, but makes the time fly.
    -That is cool about Jesse James, ultimate bad boy. Geneology is fun, I love history, it is always so saucy.

    6/25/2004 03:35:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Vader - Court TV and Forensic Files rule!! By the time I get cable again they may have new ones on. In the mean time, crimelibrary.

    6/25/2004 06:52:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------