Thursday, June 24, 2004

Channeling Jim Morrison

I answer phones on roll-over at work. That means the receptionist is stuck with someone and the phone ring and rings. Its a chance you take picking it up, afraid it might be that client you've been dodging. I usually try and disguise my voice. Today, I got a guy who said, "I gotta sort of a wierd question." God, I love these. He says, "I was divorced in '98 in Florida," immediatley I'm thinking, "Good, I'll refer him back to Florida." Bad me. "Well, my ex-wife called to let me know her dad died and the estate is worth a couple million dollars." Ooooookaay. "Now, why would she do that? Her dad and I were always on good terms." Be damned if I know mister since you called a law firm instead of a psychic hotline, but I'd try like hell to get back in her good graces. "Well sir, perhaps you were named in the will." "I didn't think of that." Damn, but I did! "Me and him were always close. Just because I divorced her don't mean I divorced him." oooookaaay "Sir, did she just call and say, 'hey, my dad died, he's worth 2 million?'" That'll teach ya for divorcing me! "No, no, matter a fact, we talked for 4 hours and cried together. See, she never got along with her dad very well," So much for the inheritance, dump her! "And I broke on through to the other side," Whooaaaa, serious 60's drug use here causing him to channel Jim Morrison, "so it really patched things up with them." Awwwwww... "Sir, I think maybe since you and her dad were so close that she wanted to talk to someone who loved him as much as she did. She needed to make a connection with someone who would understand what she was feeling," I am SO good! "Yeah, yeah, I think that may have been it." Then why the fuck did you just waste 5 minutes of my time? "Thanks for clearing that up for me. I really appreciate it." Not a problem, Thursdays are always my most psychic days.
  • |

    12 Comments:

    Blogger Seeker said...

    Damn I love the sarcasm! A woman after me own heart!

    This time I will have to say:

    You Rule!

    6/24/2004 03:40:00 PM  
    Blogger jp said...

    Good thing you didn't take the case. All that stuff would have been privileged info. :o)

    6/24/2004 04:54:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Seeker - DANKS MAN!

    JP - Nah, he was just SFLA.. seeking free legal advice. Umm.. actually it was more of a personal question.. freaks.

    6/24/2004 05:31:00 PM  
    Blogger Zelda said...

    That was really funny. He really said "broke on through to the other side?"

    6/24/2004 11:11:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Zelda, he really said that. Nice guy but... straaaaange.

    6/25/2004 06:50:00 AM  
    Blogger AJ in Nashville said...

    C'mon Innannie, admit it. You actually liked helping that guy out! Made ya feel all warm 'n fuzzy inside now dih'int it? :)

    That's a great story!

    6/25/2004 02:02:00 PM  
    Blogger AJ in Nashville said...

    C'mon Innannie, admit it. You actually liked helping that guy out! Made ya feel all warm 'n fuzzy inside now dih'int it? :)

    That's a great story!

    6/25/2004 02:03:00 PM  
    Blogger AJ in Nashville said...

    C'mon Innannie, admit it. You actually liked helping that guy out! Made ya feel all warm 'n fuzzy inside now dih'int it? :)

    That's a great story!

    6/25/2004 02:04:00 PM  
    Blogger AJ in Nashville said...

    C'mon Innannie, admit it. You actually liked helping that guy out! Made ya feel all warm 'n fuzzy inside now dih'int it? :)

    That's a great story!

    6/25/2004 02:05:00 PM  
    Blogger AJ in Nashville said...

    I am NOT stuttering! Your comments engine is in need of a tune-up grrrfriend... :)

    6/25/2004 02:11:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    AJ - Hee hee, I know you're just stutterin' man!! Looks like Vader's was doin' the nasty wit mine cuz they both started double/triple/quad posting at the same time. :o)

    6/25/2004 02:18:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    FUDGE!!! No, AJ, it did not give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. It made me incredibly sarcastic and the twilight zone feeling, the "break on through" thing just really snapped me out of my sexual fantasies about Big Jay... awww shucks... yeah, I felt warm and friggin fuzzy, ya happy now, geeez.

    6/25/2004 02:50:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------