Monday, June 21, 2004

This is from earlier... I GOTTA RANT!!!! "So, this client calls me bitching and complaining because his claim hasn't settled and the insurance company hasn't called back. I try to be understanding with these folks, I really do. But he is so offensive its hard to feel sorry for him. Its hard to tolerate him at all. I cringe when I hear his name on the intercom. I tried explaining that 1) Its vacation season, people are out of the office 2) They are under no obligation to give you money before they go on vacation 3) Even if they are not on vacation, their boss probably is 4) He/She is also under no obligation to give you money 5) the southernmost part of our State, which is 2-4 hours away, is under 2 feet of mud from recent flooding. This means people are living with friends, relatives or in unsanitary conditions and have lost everything they own. This sort of takes precedence over your complaning just because you hate this state and don't want live here anymore. (He's not from these here parts.) In short, they would rather give money to folks who continue to live here and deal with the environmental hazards left behind by the great coal companies after they have lobbed off entire tops of mountains than to you, a sniveling, whiny, belligerent fuck who only wants what's coming to him and to hell with the rest of us in this pathetic state. So, while I wish they would make it much worse on you, I'm inclined to pray they give you some dough so you will shut the fuck up and get the hell out of my state. And don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!!" And then I thought, because that's how I am, besides the fact that he said he never wanted to come back here again, that it may just be the tone of his voice. Some folks are born with nice voices, like Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra and Gene Autry. And then some people aren't. I have a client whose always sounds mad, even when she's not. (Think Dirty Harry) Its her accent. She's not from these here parts. She probably thinks we all sound like a scene from Deliverance or Wrong Turn. I know a lot of people who do but they're uglier. But then, I'm just an inclined to admit he's a sniveling, whiny, belligerent fuck who doesn't meet the neighborhood criteria for wife beating, incest, junked cars in the driveway, and coonhounds under the porch. He just doesn't feel as though he can live up to the expectations of this great state so he's decided to hightail it on outta here before somebody really irritates him by inviting him to join the volunteer fire department. Those good folks slogging through two feet of mud, selfishly taking up all of your claim adjuster's time, will gladly wave good-bye.
  • |

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    Hey there Great RANT.
    Its like a line I saw from a Bruce Willis movie. The lines have been changed a little.

    "I see stupid people.. there everywhere. They walk around like everyone else.... they dont even know that they are dumb."

    luv ya!

    6/22/2004 03:29:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------