Sunday, June 20, 2004

I Almost Forgot...

In the wake of the death of our beloved kitty Mongoya, I almost forgot the day before. My son has a gazillion doc appts. (maybe that's an exaggeration but sometimes it feels that way). I, being Ms. Frugal, decided to have the Sperm Donor drop his off at my office so we could walk to the hospital which is 5 blocks down and 2 blocks over. Like the rest of the US past NV, we've been having some major thunderstorms. But, the sky was clear. So, we walk down in mid 80 temps to find the office had no A/C. Ugh. On the way back I notice the sky has that eerie-its-gonna-rain-like-hell look. We made it two blocks before the sky opened up. The wind was howling. I took my sandals off because they make my feet slide and not really made for running like hell. Hyper Boy is psyched. I'm worried about being struck by lightening. In two minutes we were soaked. We made it to the post office where we stood up against the wall and watched 60 mph winds whip between the buildings, which I have to admit was pretty kewl. The whole barrage lasted maybe 5-7 minutes. Then the after storm sprinkling started. Hyper Boy and I hit every puddle on the way to the pharmacy. Who cares? We were already wet and I had on a black dress so no one got a show. Hyper Boy was thrilled to see Mommy splashing in puddles while corporate kiss butts walked by in their posh suits, black umbrellas and hair-spray. I haven't used a worthy amount of hairspray since Mile-High Hair went out. The water was warm, my son gleeful. It was great.
  • |

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Leese said...

    thanks for stopping by!
    yeah..don't worry about beaufriend going to the strip club...my husband used to wanna go all the time but now that i let him he hasn't gone in a couple of years even though i tell him to go. i think they call it reverse psychology..lol...
    i miss having warm rain. we never get it here.

    6/20/2004 05:41:00 PM  
    Blogger Leese said...

    Hey it's me! :-)
    I think you'd like this link: People Magazine Scans. ;-)

    6/21/2004 10:50:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Crayon: I was talking about Hyper Boy's father. It is said with a grain of affection... most of the time.

    Leese: Thanks for the link! Luckily my office gets the magazine and I threatened the receptionist if she let anyone remove it from the front before I had a chance to read it while covering phones. Droooooolll...

    6/21/2004 08:28:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------