Wednesday, July 07, 2004

In the Closet

I hide in the closet and escape the thundering voices the lightning quick flashes of insanity In the closet I go unnoticed I cannot feel their thoughts their words cannot puncture me their anger cannot infect me I hide from yellowed skin forked tongues dripping fangs striking and hissing like cobras in duet I hide afterward I crawl peeking through the crack light on my face, careful the door doesn’t creak I quell the light dark and hushed then I notice the closet door is ajar Tiptoe, tiptoe so dark within green tentacles reaching I slam the door and run! I peep from beneath the covers you know there are monsters in the closet
  • |

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Seeker said...

    In the midst of darkness it comes,
    mind flashing with thoughts of morbidity.

    Dancing the dance, singing the song,
    facing the unknown.

    The closet is a mere door,
    something to be open and shut.

    Do not let your memories fade,
    embrace them and own them for they are yours.

    Gather your might, fling the door wide,
    clear free the dust, and webs.

    There is nothing there that can harm you,
    walking in it is a mirror you see.

    Facing yourself you have to ask,
    Is that me?

    7/07/2004 02:27:00 PM  
    Blogger jp said...

    Still feelin black, honey? Sorry bout that. Anything I can do to cheer you up????

    7/07/2004 02:29:00 PM  
    Blogger evilsciencechick said...

    I'm sleeping with the light on tonight, thank you very much! :)

    7/07/2004 04:52:00 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Beautiful poem as always...

    Dont hide in the closet...
    COME OUT OF THE CLOSET!
    its liberating..... LOL

    You really have a way with words.... WOW.

    7/07/2004 06:09:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Seeker -- you give me strength

    JP -- actually I'm pulsing a little red today

    Evil -- join the ranks of insomniacs!!!

    Vader -- Thank you as always my sweet! Heard you got more randy stuff on your site. I'm off to pant.

    7/07/2004 06:26:00 PM  
    Blogger jp said...

    I love the way you pulse, Inanna.

    7/07/2004 07:14:00 PM  
    Blogger Queenie said...

    I thought it was great, myself.

    Q

    7/08/2004 02:55:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    JP -- Things are pulsing all over my blog

    Q -- Thanks!

    7/08/2004 06:31:00 AM  
    Blogger AJ in Nashville said...

    Well I brought tissues...just in case anyone needs 'em...

    *LOL*

    Great stuff Inanna!

    7/10/2004 01:26:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------