Thursday, July 01, 2004

The Ins

Insincerity and insecurity, one caused by the other, neither realizing which starts first. We cloak ourselves behind and find the way around the insecurity, when we are together. The insincerity is dropped but as we part it is assumed the insincerity continues and it is shameful how we let that wall down. The kitten claws my lap, indifferent to my pleas. As indifferent as you. My voice must be infinitesimal although I hear myself speak, perhaps only in my mind. Indefinite time frames shrink my voice and my irritation is intense. Which is the infidel? The one that betrays their mate? The one who betrays themself? The pagan, the saint, the sinner? Intentional disregard of confusion, is that a sign or is it really just disregard? Are you really so inane or are you just really good at ignoring? Perhaps Iā€™m like the inch-worm, interesting to watch but not something you want crawling on your skin nor under. Infatuation is fed, not smothered, as insane notions should be. Information has been passed on a one-way street and I make no further inquiries to obtain insight. Meandering along this path with no real destination, waiting only for the inevitable, wondering if our differences are too incongruent to be overcome. Indecisiveness at your insolence leaves me like the kitten on my lap, indolent, tired of clawing, and pacing and purring and narrowing my eyes against the sun. I put on my sunglasses and ponder the infinite.
  • |

    12 Comments:

    Blogger AGB 1 said...

    Um...you are good. Do you do "spoken word?" I'm sorry if that info is on your blog. I haven't finished going through your archives either.

    7/02/2004 11:07:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    No, I've never done "spoken word" although I'm a big fan of it. The first "spoken word" CD I got was the one with Viggo Mortensen's "Recent Forgeries." I can credit Viggo with introducing me to prose and leading my poetry in a whole new direction.

    7/02/2004 11:17:00 AM  
    Blogger jp said...

    That's waaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too deep for a Friday morning. :o)

    You are a great writer, Inanna, and I look forward to reading your blog every single day.

    7/02/2004 11:24:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Just put your sunglasses on and enjoy the weekend JP... thanks.

    7/02/2004 11:29:00 AM  
    Blogger Celti said...

    those who like spoken word should check out Henry Rollins' the Human Butt. It's old, but it's brilliant.

    7/02/2004 11:56:00 AM  
    Blogger Phoesable said...

    I echo jp on this particular occasion -- I'm always eager to see what you've posted today, Inanna. Really enjoy your writing. And this, I agree, would be a great spoken word piece.

    7/02/2004 01:59:00 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Hey your also in the IN crowd. LOL
    interesting, intreiging, intellectual, intelligent, intergallactic planetary...

    You can write! Mad props to you!

    7/02/2004 03:18:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Celti ā€“ Thanks for the referral and for stopping by.

    Phoebe ā€“ Thank you very much and between you and JP, I may give that a try.

    Mike - Read the post from June 28. I will be in touch soon and thank you.

    Vader - Beastie Boy lyrics, I like Vadergrrrl and thanks for the props.

    7/02/2004 04:01:00 PM  
    Blogger jp said...

    Wow!! I've been echoed. :o)

    7/02/2004 05:45:00 PM  
    Blogger Dayli said...

    I accidentally came across your site and thoroughly ejoyed this post. "You've got a way with words.."
    I'm definitely coming back.
    It also sounds like I would enjoy this "Spoken Word" - though I have never heard of it. What is it? Where can I find it?

    7/02/2004 10:22:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Yes, JP (Yes, JP)

    Ady -- Spoken word is basically reading your poetry the way you wrote it. That's my understanding of it anyway. When I write poetry there is a certain tone and inflection that is in my mind as I write. When one reads their own poetry aloud, you are able to express your feeling behind it. Coffee shops, book clubs... librarys.. some have poetry readings. You may look into what Celti mentioned or you may be able to find some in your local library. Thanks for stopping in. I'll be posting again very soon.

    7/02/2004 11:39:00 PM  
    Blogger AJ in Nashville said...

    That was absolutely wonderful Inanna! Thanks for the Vigo CD reference, I think I might check it out. My daughter wants me to try writing prose. I'm intrigued by the notion.

    What you wrote was really beautiful!

    :)

    Now where the hell did I put my shades...

    7/03/2004 04:01:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------