Thursday, July 08, 2004

Poems

Driving They drive so close their auras seep into my car like hazy red stop lights, mixing with blue notes from the radio until the air pulses purple. I turn my blinker on and slow down, confusing them on this exitless highway. EWA - for Troy You called to ask if I knew what you did that day. The image of scaling palm trees came to mind, knowing your adventurous spirit. A ride on a mermaid through silken seas, past alligators lounging in shallows, bored with dragonflies. Instead, you spoke of the darkness of lost opportunity, your words confusing my feelings. I wanted to pluck your syllables as they flowed through the phone and rearrange them in a coherent, sensible order, so I might understand them better. You wanted me to know, you thought yourself a fool for hoping where hope should not lie, but without admitting that you hoped at all. I rearranged your words and sent them back in no reasonable order so you would know - there is no coherency, sensibility or reasonableness - when you are lost.
  • |

    4 Comments:

    Blogger jp said...

    I'm in awe. Mainly b/c I couldn't write a poem if my life depended on it. You're a great writer.

    7/08/2004 11:53:00 AM  
    Blogger jp said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    7/08/2004 04:34:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Ha ha JP, I know what your 2nd post said... and thank you very much. I've been practicing for 24 years and I'm finally beginning to like what I write.

    7/08/2004 08:06:00 PM  
    Blogger jp said...

    You don't know nothin...;o)

    7/09/2004 01:40:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------