Wednesday, September 01, 2004

The Goin's On So Far...

Madge is no longer my client. We settled the case and I gave her the check yesterday. I was invited to her birthday part Friday evening, which I plan on attending. She also gave me a huge crucifix on a thick silver chain. It was very nice and touching, even though I'm not Christian. I decided to hang it on the rear-view mirror in my car. Her God is my God, we just get there different ways. I know how much it meant to her to be able to give it to me. She was very smiley and I was very happy for her. I did notice some rather massive sores in her head under her thinning hair. I didn't ask but I'm assuming they are either from the radiation treatments or that awful shellack she has on her hair. God bless Madge. I went to my first visit with my new psychologist today. He's a nice guy. I like him a lot. I liked him before I ever talked to him. He has a gentle aura, a deep, soothing voice and he didn't jump to conclusions, at least not verbally. He's also not a freak. Some psychiatrists and psychologists are just freaks. He's not. He didn't make feel rushed or like I was wasting his time or something. He decided to ditch the IQ testing and all that and just do an MMPI. That personality thing. He said it has something like 560 questions on it... all true/false. UGH!! I hate true/false. He told me there is no "maybe" its either one or the other, more times than not, regardless. UGH!! I was glad to have a long walk back to my car because I was beginning to get nutty sitting there, in a chair, that whole time. I don't think I ever sit that long unless I'm eating, writing or watching a movie in the theater. Now I'm a little jumpy, like in overdrive. He was also able to set me up a lot sooner since I'm just taking the one test and its self-administered. I'll go back on Tuesday after Labor Day. This is good because I have little patience to wait. Then he said to give him a few days to score it and such. Did you ever wonder if you're really crazy? Or have you wondered if everyone else is and you're the most normal, sane individual ever born? Yeah, me too.
  • |

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Michael said...

    I AM the most sane person. Magenta gibbon toaster-oven. It makes sense. If you don't understand...it's cuase you crazeee.

    9/01/2004 02:24:00 PM  
    Blogger Celti said...

    yeah, me too.

    Hey - check your mail. There's goodies in there. hee hee

    9/01/2004 04:14:00 PM  
    Blogger AGB 1 said...

    Oh, I know I am crazy.

    9/01/2004 06:34:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Michael - Puh-leeeze that is so outdated, its fuscia monkey's ass dutch oven now... u crazeee.

    Celti - Everything is a go... let's kick tires and light the fires... T-minus 4 hours and 47 minutes.

    Dastard - I knew that. Glad you are so self-aware. Muah! Muah! Muah! Muah! HUGS!!! (I'm really quite shy in person)

    Jake the Fake aka Anthony - Did you see me there???

    9/01/2004 07:15:00 PM  
    Blogger Cattiva said...

    My therapist assures me weekly that I am sane.

    9/01/2004 08:56:00 PM  
    Blogger Trashman said...

    I'm clearly nuts.

    9/02/2004 12:32:00 AM  
    Blogger Jack Steiner said...

    I am a little crazy. But of course I don't know how to measure that, so maybe by some scales I am a lot crazy, or exceptionally crazy. OTOH, I may not be crazy at all.

    I think that I prefer to think of myself as being a good kind of crazy, whatever that means.

    9/02/2004 12:32:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------