Sunday, August 29, 2004

Some Fun Facts About Me and Mine

1. I only learned my German family's phone number in German. If I have to recite it in English it takes forever. It is 14 numbers long. > 2. I was in labor for 20 hours and pushed for an hour and a half when I had Nate. He weighed 8 lbs. 14 oz. I weighed 4 lbs. 15 oz. > 3. As a child, they discovered I did not have a permanent tooth under one of my baby teeth. My brother didn't either. We inherited this trait from my mother. > 4. I was born on the cusp of Scorpio and Sagittarius on 11/21. I have mostly Scorpio traits though. > 5. I was a month premature. My due date was Christmas. > 6. My birthday will never be on Thanksgiving. The closest it gets is the 22nd. > 7. There are four people in my office born in November. I am the only Scorpio. > 8. My German father, my German sister Claudia's second son, Justin, and Nate's dad are also Scorpios. > 9. Nate, Claudia and my other German sister, Marion, and Claudia's first son, Andrew, are Cancers. Nate and Andrew were born one year and one day apart. > 10. Both my real mom and my German mom are Libras. > 11. I was on the phone with my sister Claudia when I went into labor with Nate. > 12. My first real pet was a rabbit. Her name was Sheena. I got her when I was eight and she died when I was sixteen. She was a cross between a Rhode Island Red and a Logan Giant. She weighed 15 lbs. at her heaviest. > 13. I used to squirt my neighbor's white, cross-eyed cat with a waterhose when he tried to sneak over the fence to eat Sheena. > 14. I stepped on a black snake in our garden when I was five. > 15. I mowed grass for money as a kid. One time I hit a yellow jacket nest. My dad and I went up to my neighbor's property at sunset, poured gasoline in the hole and lit it on fire. > 16. One of my bedroom windows opened onto the roof and I used to climb out there in the winter and watch the stars even though I'm afraid of heights. > 17. I once climbed into a 30 foot tree stand with my ex-boyfriend. Once I got up there, I was frozen by fear and it took him climbing down behind me, or rather, over top of me for me to get out of it. The other hunters we talked to that evening all shook their heads and told me how much they hated that tree stand themselves. > 18. I have shot two deer, a buck and a doe. I have shot two squirrels. I have never shot at an animal and missed. I have never had to shoot an animal twice because I screwed up the first shot. I shot the buck through the spine and into his skull under the left ear as he turned to look at me and bunched up his hindquarters to jump at 75 yards in deep woods. I shot the doe through the heart at 15 yards. > 19. I shot the buck after jumping off the back of a four-wheeler. > 20. I shot the doe after hunting all day in windy, single digit temperatures. > 21. I technically missed the first shot with the doe because I hadn't reloaded the gun after coming back into the woods. The clip had not engaged and therefore I had no bullet in the chamber. The other deer ran and she was stupid enough to stand there while I loaded it properly, so she died and I ate her. > 22. I like hunting in the snow because it is beautiful. > 23. I don't kill a lot of deer because I can't sit still in the woods. I have to walk around a lot. And I like to track and take pictures. > 24. I only kill as much as I and my friends can eat. I give the squirrels to my parents because I can't stand the smell of squirrel cooking. > 25. I can cook deer meat so good, you would never know it was deer meat. > 26. Nate loves deer meat. > 27. I like to go on the river and fish at night for catfish. > 28. One night as we were fishing, they let the dam out and I broke three lines just getting away from the river. > 29. The most difficult trail I've ever hiked was Potato Knob Trail in Webster County, West Virginia. It is a 15 mile ball-breaker that my friend Joe and I did in 100 degree temperatures and 90% humidity over rocks, deadfall, brambles and along sheer cliffs. We rested at a natural waterfall and on the hike back, we had sex on the trail. Had we not, I never would have made it. > 30. Joe is a former Marine and said I did much better than all of the guys he trained with. Right up to the point where I developed heat exhaustion. I made it though. He said its the only time I've ever asked him to turn the radio down. I miss Joe. > 31. Sex with Joe on the trail was the hottest, stickiest, sweatiest sex I've ever had. Did I mention how much I miss him? > 32. I was the first person Joe ever rode a roller-coaster with. > 33. I'm going to Cedar Point, September 18th. I hope I run into Joe there. Damn those blackout dates. > 34. I speak sign language fluently. One of my best friends is deaf. Her brother-in-law is also deaf and legally blind. We speak to him using the Helen Keller method. > 35. She has been deaf since she was three so she speaks pretty good. She reads lips exceptionally well. She knows all the gossip because people tell her things and think she doesn't understand. > 36. She had a Cochlear implant but she only wears the hearing aid for special occasions. Most of the time she turns it off because the noise gives her a headache. > 37. I am hypoglycemic. If I don't eat, I get 10 feet tall, bullet-proof and bitchy. > 38. T-Bird brought me a chicken sandwhich, fries and a Diet Coke from Wendy's after I had Nate. I told her if she didn't I was going to kill someone. > 39. My favorite food while pregnant was crunchy peanut butter on whole wheat toast with strawberry jam and plain strawberries. I would sit at my desk at work and eat two quarts of strawberries. > 40. When I got pregnant with Nate, my waist was 29 inches. Two days before I had him, it was 56, now, its 32. I am the same weight now as I was when I got pregnant, 125. I don't think this is fair.
  • |

    10 Comments:

    Blogger evilsciencechick said...

    My bedroom window opened out onto the roof of our side porch. I loved sitting on the roof as a teenager and staring at the stars and contemplating the unfairness of the world (as only a teenager can!)

    I make a mean venison meatloaf.


    We're going to cedar point this week! Too bad we're not overlapping.

    And yes, I waved! :)

    8/29/2004 11:37:00 PM  
    Blogger Gooch said...

    I had a fraternity brother who was hypoglycemic. If he didn't eat he would go nuts and try to kill himself. He was kind of like that one character in "Bachelor Party". It happened often enough that it failed to be shocking after awhile. YOu can't make this stuff up.

    8/30/2004 12:57:00 AM  
    Blogger Esther said...

    This was an interesting read. I always find it amazing how different and talented people can be. This is a good thing!

    8/30/2004 06:46:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Regan -- Yeah, too bad we're not overlapping :o( Venison meatloaf rocks! Stars are our friends.

    Gooch -- Are you sure it wasn't more like "Animal House?"

    Esther -- I think that's why I love blogging. I get to find out interesting things about interesting people.

    8/30/2004 07:10:00 AM  
    Blogger Outburst said...

    1. I'm not surprised to hear that you consider yourself to be more of a Scorpio than a Sagg. This is likely why I enjoy reading your blog so much.
    2. Cancers and Scorpios make for some interesting relationships don't they?
    3. I'm surprised to hear that you were just over 4 pounds at birth.
    4. I've never seen a gun drawn, let alone seen if fired or fired one myself. A woman who can shoot one is a woman to be respected in my estimation.
    5. Your measurements sound great. I am not saying this because you know how to shoot a gun with great precision.

    8/30/2004 10:52:00 AM  
    Blogger Zelda said...

    You're a regular Annie Oakley. Venison is delicious. I am pretty good with it myself, although I have never shot a deer. I am more than a little impressed.

    8/30/2004 11:16:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Outburst – Scorpios and Scorpios make for more interesting relationships... Cancers tend to irritate Scorpios though. Hey, I was almost 5 lbs. I have no idea why I’m such a good shot. Before I shot my buck, I hadn’t picked up a rifle in 23 years and even then my dad was standing behind me to keep the kick from knocking me on my ass.

    8/30/2004 11:17:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Zelda -- I've always wanted to learn how to ride a horse and shoot at the same time, whether a gun or a bow. Bow hunting is something I've always wanted to do, however, that means climbing into a tree stand to have the best chance. Nyet!! Maybe one day.

    8/30/2004 11:19:00 AM  
    Blogger lucidkim said...

    I'm about the same weight as I was before I had my first daughter - but like you pointed out - somehow everything didn't go back the way it started. Maybe it did for Cindy Crawford. :) great blog...kim

    8/30/2004 10:49:00 PM  
    Blogger ~Jessie said...

    Re #2: When I first read it, I thought you were saying facetiously that, after giving birth to Nate, you then weighed 4 lbs. 15 oz. LOL!

    Anyway, I was late leaving the house this morning, in large part because I got caught up in catching up with your blog! You are so cool, Inanna!

    8/31/2004 03:26:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------