Thursday, September 02, 2004

What A Day!!!!

Wow!! Went off with only a few minor hitches... and once again, Happy Birthday El Dastardo!! Kudos to Aimee and Celti for all their hard work!!! It was beautiful!! Mike, you cracked me up man!!! And Sloth, naturally, since you are our mouthpiece to Daz, you are an ever gracious hostess. So, in keeping with the Boston theme, I talked to my bud Troy last night to begin finalizing my trip to Bean Town. As it stands, it will be the first full weekend in November. Just in time for an early birthday celebration. I've decided I will fly out of here on Thursday night, as to give myself two and a half days of the Boston experience. Not to mention, fully recover from any hangovers I might incur while there, which is almost a certainty. Troy said he wanted to take me to "The Black Rose." Its an Irish Pub/Restaurant which serves some type of Guiness something. I just could not understand what he was trying to say. Something about mixing the Guiness with something else. I looked up the "The Black Rose" and found they play Irish music seven days a week. YAY, I'M IRISH!!! He also said we could go to Maine while I'm up there and maybe Rhode Island. I told him to just feed me clam chowder and I would be happy. I am most assuredly looking forward to the food. I LOVE SEAFOOD!!! I LOVE STEAK!!! I LOVE FOOD!!! My stomach is growling thinking about it. I'd like to see the Boston College game at Alumni Field but alas, I'm afraid I either couldn't get tickets or it would eat up too much of my time. I can always watch the game at a bar while drinking and eating clam chowder. ( I am sooo hungry for clam chowder!!) I also plan on dragging Troy out to half a dozen or at least one really good dance club and closing the place down. Jose' somethings there serves 60 oz. Margaritas, did you read that Zelda?!? We would be in sooo much trouble... are you sure you can't fly up?? I don't want to get to soused all the time... just on clam chowder that I can't make it to other spots of interest, like Boston Harbor, (definitely Boston Harbor), Boston Common and Harvard Square, maybe parts of the Freedom Trail, Bunker Hill Monument, Paul Revere's house etc. I know its going to be cold enough to freeze the balls of a brass monkey but that won't stop me!! (I'm buying a new coat for the trip... hopefully.) Fleece has said she would like to get together while I'm there. Naturally I would honored to be in the presence of Dastard and Sloth, even if Dastard only shows his eyes, and I've invited Johnny 5 up from Conneticut. I'm really excited as the last trip I made to the Northeast was with my parents (gag) and I spent the whole weekend at Fort Dix (barf). My dad starved me to tears and I definitely didn't get any ... clam chowder!! So, that's what I'm looking forward to. Spending time with friends, eating a lot good food, drinking, dancing and seeing the sights. November can't get here soon enough.
  • |

    6 Comments:

    Blogger ~Jessie said...

    Probably the "Something about mixing the Guiness with something else" was a Black and Tan, which is Guiness and Harp, layered. It's good! If that's not what he was referring to, try one anyway. And have one for me, which you're at it! ;)

    9/03/2004 12:26:00 AM  
    Blogger Esther said...

    hope you get the opportunity to eat lots and lots of clam chowder! :)

    9/03/2004 04:40:00 AM  
    Blogger Me said...

    Inanna, could be he was referring to (what we call here in Iowa) a 'Crown Float'. It's Woodpecker Cider on Guiness... very yummalicious! But hey, there's all sorts of things you could float on Guiness!!

    Eat some clam chowda' for me. I'm so jealous... haven't been to Boston in many many moons. HAVE A BLAST, and I hope you get to meet some fellow bloggers while you're at it! Now then, c'mooooon November!

    9/03/2004 10:22:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Ren – Hey there!! Thanks for stopping by!! Or coming out of the woodwork... BREATHE huh?? Ohhhhh... yeah, I think Troy told me it is most odiferious (sp?). We all have a little Irish in us lass.

    Jessie – Yep, I think that’s what he was talking about... I’ll have one for you!!

    Esther – Yes! Yes! Clam chowda!

    Ang – Hmmmm... Crown Float, sounds good!! Yeah, I’m gonna have FUN!

    9/03/2004 10:30:00 AM  
    Blogger Zelda said...

    {Sigh, filled with envy}. I so could go to Boston. I have friends there from college who I'm sure I could convince to let me visit, seeing as I have given up taking shots for lunch. But alas, it is a little far for me to travel for a margarita. I will have one waiting down in Houston for you anytime you would care to visit.

    9/03/2004 03:34:00 PM  
    Blogger Aimee said...

    Email me; send me the dates. I'd like to join the party, if I may. :)

    9/04/2004 02:12:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------