Friday, October 01, 2004

YOUR HELP IS NEEDED!!!!! **UPDATED AGAIN**

Thanks so much for your support... THE GOAL OF $200 HAS BEEN MET BUT LET'S KEEP GOING!!!! Wow!!! I never dreamed I would actually reach it... but WE did!!! Thanks so much to all of you!!! I know I have more donations coming so this is sweet!!! And Jethro that would so ROCK if you could!! Hey bloggers, I'm burying my post for this... I'm participating next weekend in the Memory Walk 2004 to raise money for Alzheimers research. As many of you know, fellow blogger AJ has lost his mother, brother and other family members to Alzheimers. Another fellow blogger, who I haven't gotten permission from yet to use his information, Grandfather also had Alzeheimers. When I saw the poster for the Memory Walk I immediately thought of AJ and my other friend and how their families were affected by Alzheimers. Here's where you come in... yes, that's right, I need supporters. You can go here and click on Charleston Memory Walk. Another window will come up. Scroll down to "Sponsor a Participant." You will enter my name.... which is.... errrrghhhh.... SORRY, I'M TAKING OUT MY REAL NAME. I CAN'T STAND IT THAT I'M SHOWING UP ON GOOGLE. PLEASE E-MAIL ME FOR IT IF YOU INTEND TO DONATE. YIKES!!! I hate doing that... just like Inanna Moon better. Another window will pop up and you scroll down and click on my name. Then, make a donation. On Tuesday, I will make a donation to my own cause. I'm just broke right now so I understand if you are too... LOL!!! I really wanted to do this and hope that you all will help out in any way you can, even if it is to just think of me next Saturday. Thanks for reading and thinking of me!!!! This post will stay up until the middle of next week sometime so that weekenders and others out surfing will have an opportunity to see it. For Annie, David and Grandfather!!!!
  • |

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    Oh you go girl! That is a great cause and if I wasn't broke I would be dishing out the dough! Sadly with 3 kids I am always broke.

    10/01/2004 11:00:00 PM  
    Blogger Tsarina said...

    Thankyou for doing this- my grandma has been suffering from this awful disease for many years, and they are concerned about my mom's oldest sister- running some tests on her now. I'm on my way- I can't give a lot, but I'll do what I can. You've earned a place in my heart for your generosity and compassion.

    10/02/2004 11:55:00 AM  
    Blogger Aimee said...

    Nann--Good luck!

    Can I hit you up next spring when I'm collecting for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk again?

    :)

    10/02/2004 05:13:00 PM  
    Blogger JamDaddy said...

    Tsarina sent me over, glad to donate. Thanks for taking the time to support the community at large. Have fun with all the great people you are sure to meet.

    10/02/2004 10:54:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Jenn - Believe me, I'm right there with you!!!

    Tsarina - I'm without words to express my feelings about your grandma. *Hugs* I'll add you to my list of people I'm walking for.

    Aimee - Thanks my sweet!!! And yes, hit me up for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk next year!!!

    JamDaddy - Welcome and thank you very much!! I hope to take pictures and post them at a later date.

    10/04/2004 09:19:00 AM  
    Blogger Jamie said...

    Oh, what a good deed! And to even reveal your "true" identity for the cause! A most worthy cause. Have a great walk!

    10/04/2004 03:39:00 PM  
    Blogger Zelda said...

    I wish we could help you, but as of right now, we're living on government loans. When it's all over, maybe I'll develop some breakthrough research regarding the disease. That would be so cool.

    10/04/2004 06:49:00 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Its beautiful of you to do this. Your such a kind hearted and amazing person.

    I hate to sound like a broken record, but Im so far in debt, Im thinking about selling my soul.

    oh already did that... lol

    I can donate in good kharma, positive energy, and healing vibes.

    Love ya sweetie.

    thank you for doing this.

    xxxoooooo

    10/04/2004 10:01:00 PM  
    Blogger lucidkim said...

    I dropped a few pennies in the pot for your cause today. :) My grandfather had alzheimers and I think my dad has it, too. (It's a long story, but I've only seen him once in the past 16 years, about 5 years ago and the way he acted then made me think he had the beginning stages of it.) kim

    10/04/2004 10:45:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------