Monday, September 27, 2004

OY!!!

So, Cooter has sent me the specifications for her 2nd place finish in my scavenger hunt. She wants a turtle on a bracelet. Otay!!! Ohhhh... hmmmm... now what? So, I run to the lieberry across the street (I know its library just like lieberry better.. pfft!) I found the perfect pattern for the turtle. I won't describe it because then she would know and I do want some element of surprise. Talk about surprised, that will be Mike, since he's pretty much letting me decide what to do for him. Bad idea... anyway. So, I go home and mess around with this design and decide its just to tall or wide or whatever. Length is good width, yech!!! In all my wisdom I set out to modify it. Yech! That did not look good. Gave up with the modification and finally graphed it on bead paper. Hmmmm.. now that is one sweet looking design.... but its still to wide!!!! WHAT THE F**K AM I GOING TO DO??? I WANT TO USE THIS PATTERN!!! (Bang, bang, bang <---- head banging on desk). A-HA!! I'll just.... drum roll................ use smaller freakin' beads!!!! I'M A GENIUS!!! LMFAO!!! Ahem... so, now I'm getting ready to order the needed supplies which makes me happy cuz I love getting stuff in the mail. My car is inspected and didn't need $200 worth of work!!! YAY!! I'm thrilled!!! GO ME!!! OY!!! Now that I know I won't be spending every dime on my car I can.... gasp!!! ORDER BEADS!!!! ITS A HAPPY DAY!!!! I'm so excited about this because I'll be using black warp thread (warp thread is what goes on the loom) and black bead thread, I use NYMO thread, which I have never used before... I mean color wise. I'M SO EXCITED!!! OH.. and Celti just said she wants a black satin amulet bag... I found the perfect beads for that at Michael's the other day. Hmmmmm..... this will be my first encounter with making an amulet bag. I think I will do a "Making Off" series for my photoblog so yas peeps can see how I do what I do. SAWEEEETT!!! I'm just full of great ideas today!! This means also that I can use my black warp and NYMO thread for Celti's too!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! Gotta go order beads now!! Maybe I'll try a embroidery/beads pattern... hmmm... the possibilities are endless. Have a good one!!
  • |

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Seeker said...

    ummm.... can we say bead-a-holics anonymous?

    9/27/2004 12:20:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    ACK!!! I just looked up amulet bags online... WOW!! I can only hope to do some of this stuff in the future. Now I'm all nervous but... gotta start somewhere. I don't think I should learn to knit beads right now... YIKES!!!

    Hey Celti!! Do you want a small, small bag or maybe a 2" X 3"?? Some of these are 1" by 1", that seems a little small to me... LOL!!

    9/27/2004 12:39:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Seek - Who me???

    9/27/2004 01:05:00 PM  
    Blogger Me said...

    **Cooter gleefully rubbing her little piddy paws together in excited anticipation!!**

    WHEEEEE!!

    9/27/2004 05:01:00 PM  
    Blogger Zelda said...

    I haven't seen anyone get that excited for beads since Mardi Gras. Inanna, you sure it's not just withdrawal symptoms? ;-)

    9/27/2004 10:46:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Ang - hee hee

    Jethro - Withdrawal? Yeah, come to think of it I haven't had sex in a while...

    9/28/2004 09:06:00 AM  
    Blogger Celti said...

    Eeeep! I'm so excited! How about a 2x2? Sounds cool to me.

    Don't remember if I ever told you, but I'm a beader, too! Check this out - this is what I made for Aimee (Aimee, you can't look - that's cheating!)

    http://img12.exs.cx/img12/7516/Aimeesnecklace.jpg

    9/28/2004 10:45:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------