Friday, February 11, 2005

Me? Petty and Vindictive?

Yeah. Got a problem with it? Tell a mammal that cares. I'm going to wrap this up. I'm tired of thinking of SD... he's really not worth this much effort. Nate has GLOWING reports from school today and tomorrow he gets to spend time with the teacher by himself or rather, very few kids in the class, as its some kind of teacher day. Yeah, he has to be there in oh... 6 1/2 hours. So, the locket. I'll try to make this as short and sweet as possible but damnit, its just one of my favorite memories, for many reasons. In January, 1995, SD went to Atlanta for polygraph school. (Ha! SD giving polygraphs... bwahahhahhaa) Sorry... ahem. And I, of course, put my new found freedom to good use. I went to AZ's bar. He used to own half interest and I would go there and hang out. The bartender (and co-owner) knew I was a friend of AZ's and just so happens that one night while SD was out of town they needed a waitress. So, I waitressed. AZ came in at one point and then had to leave to cut commercials so he asked me after the bar closed to stop by the radio station. Once Mike and I pushed all the drunks out the door etc. etc. we relaxed a bit. Mike was a good looking guy. Arab. Hot. Very hot. We laid down on the pool table together but not touching and we talked and we acknowledged that we were attracted to each other and then agreed, nah, we're not going to do anything about it. He had a girlfriend and I had... SD. I told Mike that I needed to get to the radio station because AZ had asked me to stop. "No, no, no, you can't do that." Why not? "Because I have to go to the radio station and then he'll know we've been here alone all this time." So? "He's not going to like that. He's not going to like that at all." Whaaa?? Bullshit. He's not jealous. Besides, he knows if I'm going to cheat on SD, it will be with him. AND.. he also has a girlfriend. "No, please don't go down there. Please!" Geeez... okay! I went home. Next day, about 7 p.m., the phone rang. It was AZ. "Hey, what's up?" What happened between you and Mike last night? *mouth drops open* "Nothing!" Nothing, huh? NO. And if he said anything happened he's lying! I went on to tell him everything that happened, finishing with... "I told him he was being ridiculous, that you weren't going to be jealous and you should know if I'm going to cheat... blah, blah, blah." What makes you think I'm not jealous? *gulp* (Whaa?) "Ummm... because you never act jealous." Just because I don't act jealous doesn't mean I'm not. *squeezes eyes together, scrunches up face* "Uhhhh... okay." *Looks at the sky with a questioning look* He asked me if I could work that night, which I said I would. Blah, blah, blah. I worked. The three of us worked. Me, AZ, and Mike. And when the bar closed, I left with AZ. We went to the radio station I believe but I definitely know that we were in his car at the post office, where he convinced me, in a not so subtle way, that I really wanted to spend some "quality" time with him. Now remember, he's seeing the woman who eventually become his fiance and then ex-fiance and I was seeing SD. What's a girl to do? Say yes, of course. This is where the locket comes in. (I said comes... ahem, that'll make more sense in a few) The locket I wore, was heart-shaped with fancy scrolls on it. It had been a gift from SD. I'm pretty sure that AZ knew who that locket was from. He notices things like that and in the midst of our "quality" time... things got a little... messy. Damn, if its not hard to clean out the nooks and crannies and crevices of a locket. I swear I think he did it on purpose. It was really hard to clean. (That locket was to me, what Monica's blue dress was to her.) Anytime after that when SD would piss me off, I would crack open that locket... remember... and smile a devious smile. After what happened with SD, that locket came to mind. I know I took it off a long, long time ago... probably before SD and I split for good. It suddenly dawned on me that given the animosity between SD and AZ (as in, they hate each other) that... wouldn't it be glowing revenge to "let it slip" how glad I was I had fucked around on him? I wouldn't even need to tell him who it was with. He would know it was AZ. I could hope he would have a stroke. (Yes, after all these years, SD would still throw a screaming hissy if he knew I was unfaithful to him, even though he was being unfaithful at the time and not just to his wife.) Alas... its not like AZ can't be found. He can be and although he may welcome the thought of confronting SD and in rich, intimate detail explaining exactly what it was he did to me and the locket, I won't put him in that position. (If you think SD wouldn't... give him some liquid courage and he would.) So, between you and me and AZ... we know and its enough.
  • |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------