Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Sad Days

I look at my links sadly. As of yesterday, yet another, YET ANOTHER! Blogger forced to close up shop. If you haven't heard, its Jack. Yep, someone in his office found his blog. Lovisa has closed up, whether temporary, I don't know. Dastard likewise. Kristin is out although still about. Seeker hasn't posted since January 7th. Phoebe is on hiatus for her pregnancy and perhaps beyond. We've lost Sloth and Michael for a time, but lucky for us, they came back. Other bloggers have moved their URLs or simply quit due to hatemail. We, collectively, us, we bloggers, should not feel pressure to blog. If I didn't blog I would simply find another outlet, whether it be handwritten diaries or long letters, poetry or other forms of written expression. Sometimes I post just for me. Sometimes, like today, I post for you and me. Sometimes I would prefer not to have comments because whatever is the basis of my rant is now over for me. I've said it. Its done. I'm ready to move on. Comments tend to string it out though and I'm contemplating on posts that are just something I need to get off my chest and move on from, I will just disable comments for that post. Or just tell ya... no comments needed. I hope Jack finds a way to continue blogging. I offered that you can indeed have a private blog, accessible by anyone who has the URL but unfindable in any search engine. I know. I have a private blog and I have googled, yahooed, AOLed, Dogpiled that bitch to hell and back. I figure if I can google, not the just the name of the Blog but also the URL and nothing comes back, I'm pretty sure no one is gonna find it. I even googled titles of the posts... na-da. So, I hope that is an option for him. In other sad news, my kitten, Emmett, died yesterday. He's been sick and then sicker and then better, getting better, and then just start that over. Seems as soon as I would get him eating good, no bowel problems, starting to gain weight, he would backslide, although all the other cats remained healthy and thriving. Monday I noticed a drainage from his ear and the unmistakable smell of infection. I knew it was an ear infection, easily treatable in a healthy feline with antibiotic ear drops, but... I knew that would probably not be the case in my little buddy. I still stopped and got the medication but pretty much knew when I got home he wouldn't still be alive. I knew he was ready Monday night. I got up at 1:00 to answer the phone and he followed me into the computer room. I figured he wanted me to feed him since I always made his food special. He didn't though. He just climbed onto my lap and nestled down, purring non-stop for the two hours I sat there. Funny thing is, his brother did the exact same thing before he died. Nate sobbed. We comforted each other, buried him together, and then talked about what a good kitty he was, how much we loved him, how much he loved us, and that love is the best thing of all. Emmett used to lay on top of or beside of my floor furnace and all evening, and this morning, I side-stepped it, like I have for the past 8 weeks, careful to not tread on his little body. Ah, yeah, that was rough. I can't talk about this anymore.... I posted some of my drawings on my photoblog over the weekend. I did most of them in college. I also got some pics from CooterAng of the bracelet I did for her. If I can figure it out.... I'll post it here... they may turn out huge and stuff since I don't know much about re-sizing and all that so... deal with it. Okay.. let's try this.... Yep, they're huge but at least you can see the detail of the beads. And here's a picture of a beaded sunflower which Trashman has asked me to make into a brooch for Jen. I'll need to fiddle around with it and order some special beads but that's going to be fun. Hopefully I'll have it done by the time I get to Texas. Which would mean, might be a good idea to get the template for it if I don't have one at home. I forgot to look. I'm still working on getting the cloth together for Savannah and EJ's quilts. Trashman sent a bunch and I need some other fabrics to go with it. Angi sent me photos of some fabric she has I just haven't had to time to compare and contrast it with what Trashman sent. I'm hoping after I return from NOLA/Houston (yes, seems more and more like I'm going), I can in ernest get moving on it, at least get all of the pieces cut out and then go bug my mom to help me, at least get me started on doing it right. I'm done for today. I'll post some pics that my cousin sent of her artwork tomorrow.
  • |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------