Sunday, June 19, 2005

Mini Meltdown

Brought to you by the letters "M" and "C" and the number "5." Today I let some of my family go. I took five of my cats to be placed for adoption. Nate and I agreed that we were just too saturated and for their health and well-being, we needed to thin the herd. Death has taken three kittens this week and the last one is barely hanging in. That would be Little Bit #1 - the seizure kitty. Of all my cats, the one I thought I would have the hardest time with was Morticia. She was always wanting love from me, especially when she was knocked up. It wasn't her that resisted though, it was her sister Natasha. She literally dug her claws in and gave me a confused look. I hated it but I know it was the right thing to do. I don't think they will have trouble finding new owners. The lady Mary, she's good at finding homes. I knew if they stayed here another day I couldn't have done it. At least T-Bird is good for something... when I told her I didn't think I could do it, she said, "Then we'll do it together," and she reminded me that they were my cats and therefore were tough and strong and would be okay. Sometimes, even the right thing to do, feels wrong. P.S. Go tell Lois Happy Birthday and you're sorry that Nanner didn't send her a gift.
  • |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------