Tuesday, July 05, 2005

As The World Turns...

A lot happened over the weekend, starting Friday morning. I called SD about 10:40 to see if he had plans for Nate on July 4th. He was already three sheets or four, hard to tell. He told me to stop harassing him and stop playing “holigames,” I swear, that’s what he said. I’m assuming it’s a contraction of “holiday” and “games.” He said a few other unsavory things and then said, “And fuck you too,” and hung up. Naturally, I worried the rest of the day about taking Nate down there. But at 3-something he called and said it would be best if Nate didn’t see him like that. He asked for his sister’s number and I gave it to him and he said, “Thank you,” very politely and I said, “You’re welcome,” very politely and we hung up. I went home and got online with my cousin and then we went to his place. I was exhausted. I had one beer and fell asleep in his papasan chair and pretty much stayed there until 9:00 the next morning. The reason I went there was to visit and have him look at my car, which has suspicious marks on the door. My cousin, who I’ll be pimping out here soon, said he thought it was what I had suspected and that is a tool mark from someone trying to get into my car. (He’s a tool mark expert with the State Police.) It matched the tool marks I found on my door when I got home, since I locked the deadbolt, making it much more difficult to get in. The wood was splintered around the doorknob and perfect indentations around the deadbolt as well. Sigh. I talked to T-Bird and while I can’t prove anything, there is still that tickling that something is just not right. Proving it is another thing. Oh, did I mention the beeps, static, and interference on my phone? I haven’t had the opportunity to crawl under the house and check the phone line or get the phone company side of the interface open or check the phone line in Nate’s room yet, but it’s a possibility, based on my research that there is an amateur tap on the line. That would explain how SD knows things he shouldn’t and how it would appear that the information he got was from T-Bird. It may be all of the above. It may be none of the above. I may just be crazy. Okay, that’s a given, but I meant crazy to a “beyond regular nuts” point. I realized too that... okay, I’m not the best housekeeper in the world or world class numero uno Mom, but he’s not all that either. Everyone has their faults. Speaking of, I didn’t get nearly as much done as I wanted to this weekend. I’m not ignoring Nate and making him stay cooped up in the house the entire weekend. Besides, the house didn’t get messed up in a weekend, its not going to get cleaned up in one. Katey asked if I was scared. Right now I’m more irritated than anything. Although it was weird when Nate spent the night at T-Bird’s, one because he wanted to, and two because, it was just weird being at home alone since this all started. Right now I’m trusting my felines to alert me to anything out of the ordinary, oh and that yappy dog next door. Time will tell.
  • |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------