Friday, June 24, 2005

HAPPY FREAKIN' FRIDAY!!!

Finally, I have come up with a new idea for an erotica novella. In March or so of 2003, I wrote “Rainy Day,” which I have published a couple chapters of on my NaNoWriMo blog, and submitted it to a publishing house. I got a standard form letter back but at the bottom the editor had written a note telling me they liked my writing but the subject matter was too serious and encouraged me to submit again. Two years later, I’m still getting there. I immediately started writing another novella but it seemed forced. I then started a re-write of “Higher House,” a fantasy/medieval novella I had written in the Spring of 2002. That didn’t quite seem right either and I’m too ADD to go back and re-write. It’s the same principal as my beading... its so hard to do the same thing twice!! And I made a mistake when I was telling someone about it, its almost 33,000 words, not 60,000. I wrote it though in 11 days. That’s probably why it sucks. The story is awesome and I love it. I can tell you point by point exactly what needs fixed, and what needs scrapped, and what needs added. Its on the list. I will rewrite it simply because I love that damn story. I’m not sure how I came by the storyline for “Nightmare.” It should have been as easy as falling off of a log and I should have thought of it a long time ago. I’m really excited about it and as soon as I finish this post I’m going to start on it. Julie was right. This is what doldrums are for. I’ll keep you informed as to my progress. This sooooo rocks!!! This post is done now, think of me typing away this weekend. Send me good thoughts about elves. I know that won’t be hard for Leese!! Have a great one and Happy Friday!!
  • |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------