Monday, June 27, 2005

Eau de Nanner

I worked in my yard ALL WEEKEND. It was 90 both days but the humidity was low. Casa Moon now looks highly presentable. Except for the porch. I haven’t cleaned it off yet. I weed-eated around my fence, and even wielded my weedeater like a razor and shaved my fence line since the nabes (Hagar and Co.) have allowed the berry vines and honeysuckle (not to mention two trees!) to take over my half of the fence. Their backyard looks like a jungle. I wouldn’t go in there without a machete and that’s just for the flesh eating spiders as big as my hand that I’m sure are lurking there. Might even be a Gila Monster or an escapee from the local prison. One just never knows. And then I weedeated part of the yard itself because parts of it were too high for my mower to pass over easily. Plus, I did a lot of that to piss off my other nabes. I kept the constant whine of the weedeater going so they couldn’t have a normal conversation and had to go in their house. She got me back today by blasting Christian music while she cleaned out her car whilst I was raking all of the ground clutter (dead leaves, limbs, vines, clippings etc.) from around the house and bagging it up. Then I pulled out the lawnmower... point Nanner. While raking some dead (uber-dead) leaves, Nate and I ran across a little fella that looks like this. Image hosted by Photobucket.com This is the Dysdera crocata, class - Arachnida, Order - Araneae, family - Dysderidae, genus - Dysdera, otherwise known as the European Garden Spider. I had never seen one before but cool to know that a spider in my yard is in the same Order as the one that bit Spiderman. Wolf spiders, however, are very common. Image hosted by Photobucket.com Furry little shites. The Dysdera was after these little suckers. Image hosted by Photobucket.com Which remind me of the pillbugs in “A Bug’s Life.” Image hosted by Photobucket.com “You fired! *clap* "Hey!" If you don’t know what that means then watch the movie! So, I have raked and weed eated and mowed until I’m sore all over. I can barely raise my arms which is a good thing because I stink. I have a red neck from wearing my hair up, the same hair which is stiff with dried sweat, dirt, and particles of grass and weeds. Since I have yet to comb the snarls out I may have one of those Dysderas in there... or a Gila Monster. Image hosted by Photobucket.com One just never knows.
  • |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------