Saturday, May 13, 2006

Carnage By A Thousand Tiny Paper Cuts

Well, after five years of writing letters to the school, this year, I no longer had the heart for it. Whether it was fatigue, Jeff, Nate, the school, or just life in the way, this year is the one in which I did not constantly write and fax letters to the school... and that’s what I needed to make my case. I know better. I’m a fucking paralegal!! And maybe that’s why we’ve all had it rougher, because I wasn’t on my letter writing campaign as I normally am. We just don’t have enough solid evidence, written evidence, to back it up. So, instead of one great explosion, it shall be a thousand tiny paper cuts. Do not ask. I will not tell. I admit nothing. However, it has come to attention that Nate’s teacher gives seminars, perhaps in your state, on character and values. Maybe she should read one of those books she wrote on fucking character and values. You know what I see? Fake. She’s a fake. Maybe I’ll find out when and where her next speaking engagement is and enlighten everyone there about what she’s REALLY like. I can say though, that Nate has learned from this exposure. We were listening to my Nickelback CD (cuz it’s all Nickelback, all the time, in my car) and he switched it to the song, "If Everyone Cared." It’s another song that reminds me of AZ and porch time but Nate had a different take on it, "I like this song, too. It’s a good character lesson." From underneath the trees, we watch the sky Confusing stars for satellites I never dreamed that you’d be mine But here we are, we’re here tonight Singing Amen, I’m alive Singing Amen, I’m alive If everyone cared and nobody cried If everyone loved and nobody lied If everyone shared and swallowed their pride We’d see the day when nobody died And I’m singing Amen I, I’m alive Amen I, I’m alive And in the air the fireflies Our only light in paradise We’ll show the world they were wrong And teach them all to sing along Singing Amen I’m alive Singing Amen I’m alive If everyone cared and nobody cried If everyone loved and nobody lied If everyone shared and swallowed their pride We’d see the day when nobody died If everyone cared and nobody cried If everyone loved and nobody lied If everyone shared and swallowed their pride We’d see the day when nobody died And as we lie beneath the stars We realize how small we are If they could love like you and me Imagine what the world could be If everyone cared ... Goes to show, people should practice what they preach, and not push those who believe in extracting justice, wreaking havoc, creating chaos, and leaving carnage in their wake, one paper cut at a time. Not to mention, I have evil friends. If only I had Nate's still naive heart that when I asked about the situation with the vile little bitch being suspended, he said, "I just don’t understand. She’s such a nice girl. Why would she do something so mean? She must have dreamt it and then wrote it down. I didn’t mean for her to get suspended (OH, BUT I DID!), I wonder who told on her?" "Your father and I did. What she did was wrong and she deserved it." Oh, to have a heart like Nate. May he grow up to be a better person than either of his parents.
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------