Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Two Memories

I wrote this about a week ago and didn't get a chance to post it so it can be the fill in for today I felt as thought my Fourteen Years War (hereinafter “FYW”) Saga was kind of a downer and negative. Especially since I’ve actually had extremely good times with both AZ and Jeff. Thought I would share two such memories with you. One night, Jeff and I were driving around (that’s called a “Drive Around Date” in WV) and the song “Renegade” by Styx came on the radio. If you’re not familiar with it, it starts with a harmony of singers and a light drum beat. Oh mama I'm in fear for my life From the long arm of the law Lawman has put an end to my running And I'm so far from my home Oh mama I can hear you a crying You're so scared and all alone Hangman is coming down from the gallows And I don't have very long Then there is a high pitched, screaming type “YEAH!” Since I sing along with every song on the radio, this was no exception. What I wasn’t expecting was Jeff to contribute the “YEAH!” I jumped out of my skin then we both started laughing. I still love that song and I think of Jeff every time I hear it. Then, one night when I went to a local bar and grill, I was chatting up the owner’s wife, a somewhat ditzy coke addict with an additional alcohol problem. AZ came behind the bar and we smiled at each other. She asked, “Do you know each other?” Without waiting for an answer, she said, “Oh, Inanna this is AZ, AZ this is Inanna. She makes jewelry.” AZ and I shook hands. I said, “It’s nice to meet you, AZ.” He said, “It’s nice to meet you, Inanna.” Both of smiling like Cheshire Cats. We laughed long and hard about that later. I still laugh about it especially considering on one of my trips last year I ended beside of her on a plane. We had time to catch a drink in Charlotte before our connecting flights (at 3:00 or 4:00 in the evening). I think she had three Bloody Mary's in 20 minutes. I gave her some beads to share with her daughters. I need to tell AZ about that. Keep meaning to... just keep forgetting.
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------