Sunday, August 15, 2004

We Bloggers

Cattiva asked in my comments section if I thought basically all bloggers are cut from the same cloth. Since I posted about being a slob and I've read other blogs which lament about the same problems with housekeeping, not to mention several other topics, I'm compelled to say, that with 40,000 blogs and growing, we are all not the same. However, I will say that the bloggers in our blog-o-sphere, as Dastard calls it, seem to share commonalites. I think that it is inherent to seek others similar to ourselves so that we have something we can relate to. Even if we are different ages, ethnicities, nationalities, married, single, divorced, children, child-less, north, south, east and west... we have found a common thread. It is not the same thread with each person and we do not share every thread, which keeps it interesting. I never thought when I set up my blog that I would find the group of people that I have. I've spent most of my life feeling as though I never quite fit anywhere. Not that I don't have friends and make friends but the circle is small. Through blogging I visit places I've never been, like South Africa, Canada, Australia, California, Massachusetts and the Midwest. I get to share in the lives of people I probably otherwise would have never had the opportunity to meet in person and they, likewise, get to share in mine. Mondays are always a great day because the bloggers who took the weekend off will start posting again. Kevin and Sister Moon will be back from their vacations soon and we'll get to read the details of their trips. Gooch is going to be a dad very, very soon but alas, we are forced to wait nine long months for Trashman's newest addition. Not to mention, everyone else and what's going on with them. Just wanted to say thanks to all you bloggers and have a happy Monday.
  • |

    10 Comments:

    Blogger Seeker said...

    Monday's suck

    8/16/2004 01:18:00 AM  
    Blogger Zelda said...

    Dangit, you keep writing the posts that I want to write :-). I know it might seem silly to say it, but I feel a real affection for all the bloggers out there. I don't exactly know why or how, but I feel less disenfranchised when I read about someone having the same problems or joys or embarrassing moments that I have.

    Some bloggers I would absolutely love to meet in person, you being first on my list. I swear I'm not a stalker, but what you write about strikes a strong and beautiful chord within me, that I think of you in my mind as a friend, perhaps a kindred spirit of sorts, albeit one I've never met.

    8/16/2004 01:20:00 AM  
    Blogger Gooch said...

    I have been absolutely amazed at how incredibly nice all of the people I've "met" in our "blog-o-sphere" have been. I'm constantly worried I'm going to post something that will anger or offend my new "friends" (writing my last post, I agonized over calling a woman I once hooked up with "fat" for fear I would upset the many kind women who comment on my blog) but instead I'm constantly bombarded with friendly and encouraging comments. Who wouldn't get addicted to this?

    Oh, count me in as another sloppy blogger, too.

    8/16/2004 02:15:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Aw come on Seeker, put on that happy face... lol!!

    Zelda -- Dangit, blog away!! You're at the top of my list too honey!!! My sister lives in Houston and when I get my carcass down there, I'm coming for a visit! Genuine affection is something I feel for a lot of blogger too. We rock!!

    Gooch -- LOL!! I think had you had a better experience with said woman, you may have described her as "voluptuos" or "pleasingly plump." Blogging is good for the soul and the self esteem. Its a community where folks stop judging and start helping each other, sharing their stories and feelings and give us a smile and a laugh that we can all use.

    *Side Note* I had thought about doing "Blog Road Rules" and taking that silver Aerostream trailer and travel across the country and three or four continents to meet bloggers. Alas, we would all be "outted" then the peeps in our lives would be all up in our business and our personal feelings that are none of their business, that we specifically hide and rant about. It was a good idea while I had it. :o)

    8/16/2004 08:28:00 AM  
    Blogger Celti said...

    A very happy Monday to you too, blog sistah!

    8/16/2004 09:27:00 AM  
    Blogger Esther said...

    Happy monday to you as well :)
    For me, housecleaning is boring, repetitive and everything gets dirty 5 seconds later. It's about having better things to do :)

    8/16/2004 10:16:00 AM  
    Blogger Zelda said...

    Anytime you can make it to Houston, let me know. We'll go get a margarita.

    8/16/2004 12:27:00 PM  
    Blogger Leese said...

    Happy Monday to you too, Inanna.
    It's amazing that even though we've only known each other for three or four months, it seems like we all grew up together because we spill so much in our blogs. It's like the equivalent of knowing someone for ten years. We know about each other's kids, husbands, wives, boyfriends, our innermost dreams and fantasies...
    It's great.

    8/16/2004 02:13:00 PM  
    Blogger Cattiva said...

    It's interesting to see we're all semi-disfunctional in the same kind of ways. :) I think you're right in that maybe we tend to "hang out" in familiar places - i.e. bloggers we feel we have something in common with - a connection, if you will.

    I think the comments are an interesting thing, too. While I've been reading several blogs for a while, I've just recently started commenting. I always wonder if people are going to think "well who IS this chick?" or something, because I was sure everyone knew eachother in "real life." But people have been really friendly, which is nice. And I'm glad I have started reading the comments sections, too, because you learn more about people that way. So while I can't always come up with something witty to comment on (I've never been accused of being the brightest bulb in the pack) I do try to comment mostly because I know it makes me feel good to see that one or two people are actually out there reading the drivel I post. <- How's that for a run-on sentence?

    Here's a thought. I wonder if some us know (or feel we know) some fellow bloggers better than we know some of the people in our own lives? I know there are a couple of friends in my life that I wish would blog!

    8/16/2004 05:06:00 PM  
    Blogger evilsciencechick said...

    you can come to atlanta to visit me anytime, sweetie!

    I love that I can just casually say something like "well, i was just chatting with a friend from australia, and..."

    I keep telling K he needs to blog, but he just give me A Look, so I guess that's a no!

    8/17/2004 08:10:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------