Saturday, September 03, 2005

On The Other Hand...

I ranted about our government below, so now, in light of Jeanette's post, I'm ready to calm myself, be thankful, and count my blessings. My family is safe, all of us, and have homes. We're more fortunate than probably 90% of the world, much less NOLA. It is absolutely beautiful here today. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the streets are clean. I am indeed blessed. I have access to healthcare, other than a few problems, which, although irritating, are nothing compared to the hell others are going through, not just in NOLA but all over the world. Give if you can to the Red Cross or The Salvation Army or other charity. I am. And remember, although the people around you may not be in the dire straits the citizens in LA, MS, and AL are, there are still people in your community who could use a helping hand. Although it may not a appear as such, most people could use a helping hand more than a hand out. Think globally, act locally.
  • |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------