Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Slippery Slope

Ever feel like you just can’t get a handle on anything? Ever feel like you’re on one big slicky-slide, greased with oil, and no matter what you do, you feel like you can’t stop the momentum? That’s where I am today. I’ve got Nate, Jeff, and the school on one hand. I’ve got the seven resumes and applications, and my unsure job future ahead of me on the other hand. Somewhere above my head are my creative ventures, housecleaning, and holiday decorating. I don’t know where to turn or what to do first. Nate’s teacher called today to set up a meeting, saying the principal "had an idea." Well, I faxed the principal a detailed two page letter outlining OUR concerns and OUR ideas, like the school and his teacher adhering to the 504 plan. How’s that for a start? Jeff is fuming, shaking mad. I feel as though I’m caught in a vortex. I’m now in the role of negotiator. I spoke with him at length and said that in order for us to get anywhere, we had to listen and discuss, as opposed to just pushing our own agenda. Luckily for most involved, I’ve started beading again and its helped tremendously in decreasing my stress and my TMJ symptoms. Its not as orgasmic as my other fixes but it works. Then, after finally finding a particular bead, I was able to finish Emma’s fairy, only to have Nate lose Gwennie’s, the one that’s been done for 3 or 4 months. As far behind on my housecleaning as I am, I would be better off making another fairy than trying to toss the house to find it. Woe is me. At least I got a bit done on my novella. Foward!
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------