Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Apropos of Pluto

Did you see the US is launching a new probe, New Horizons, to Pluto? Its going to take 10 years to make the 3 billion mile trip. I read it here. And may I add, that is, if they launch on time, nothing goes wrong, and the something about Jupiter slings it forward, otherwise, it could take an additional five years. I have to say, I am fascinated by the Spirit and Opportunity rovers on Mars, Cassini orbiting Saturn, and even Deep Impact. You can find commentary, photos, and links here and here. So, without mirth, I say, I find it fascinating and frankly am torn between wanting to know what is out there, and saying, let’s fix what we got first. I didn’t really mean to turn this into a week about cold things, like, Pluto and the Kuiper Belt and Jeff’s heart, it just turned out that way. Nate is back home and I got my beads today. I was a bit disappointed with the amount of beads I got, having forgotten in the realm of Kelvin, Fahrenheit, and Celsius, how little 5 grams is. Damn metric system! I’m in a fairly comedic mood, hence my comedic take on the temperature of Pluto yesterday. I applied for a job writing funny greeting cards and I had the first part of the post saved on a WP document and saw it and took off with it. I’ve realized I have about four versions of my novella floating around with different portions done on different ones so now I must read and decide which version I like better and merge it with the master copy. At least get all of the parts I marked and have written pasted onto the master. If you would like to be one of my readers, that means, when it’s done I send you a hard copy and then you mark it up and tell me what sucks and what works and what you love, and then you send it back. As Cybele said, some people are looking for a pat on the back but what I really want is a critique. Used the wrong version of "there?" Tell me. Something doesn’t make sense, tell me. One section sucks totally and should be taken out or revamped, I wanna know. The novella is a fantasy/medieval/erotica piece so there is hot, hot sex. So, e-mail me or let me know in the comments you would like to read it. Also, I can send it via RTF if you prefer to receive it electronically. That’s all for today. Many moons to ya’ll.
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------