Thursday, January 12, 2006

Waxing and Questioning

I’ve been re-writing my blog missive "Chrysalis" for submission. I expanded it and waxed poetic a bit more. I trust the Goddess to guide me toward the right path. I find when I try to control everything it ends up going to shit eventually. While I don’t expect the Goddess to provide for my every whim and desire, I expect if I’m helping myself then I’ll receive some divine direction. Yet, sometimes, you just have to give it over and find some peace instead of banging your head against the wall. The Goddess directed me yesterday to Bobby Bead. Bobby Bead sells Aiko beads. I know this doesn’t mean much to most of you, but to me, its like . . . bead orgasm. Aikos are the newest in bead technology, made specifically by the highly precise Japanese for bead weaving. Even Delicas, the obscenely expensive beads I use now, are said not to have the fine quality of the Aikos. They claim the Aikos are sooo precise, you have 100% bead retention, meaning, you don’t have to toss any Aikos because a bead is a bit lopsided, shorter, or taller than the other beads. The colors I ordered were: Sapphire transparent, dark ruby transparent, and light amethyst transparent for a new amulet bag I’m making in this pattern. I also purchased dark hyacinth transparent (which is a color similar to tangerine), dark garnet transparent, and hyacinth transparent, which will also be used with the dark ruby transparent and some blues I have to make another Russian sunflower. Although they say the Aikos and Delicas are not interchangeable, that’s okay since you can use two different size beads with the Russian leaves. Last night, Nate and I slogged through 166 pages of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone to complete it. That little man is sharp, lemme tell ya. I quiz him as we go along and then quiz him again with details, big and little. Such as: 1. Who tells Harry he’s a wizard? 2. What does Dumbledore use to put out the street lights? 3. Who is the only person who can control Peeves? 4. Name the Gryffindor Ghost. 5. How do the first years get to Hogwarts from the train station? 6. What does Hagrid buy Harry for his birthday? 7. Which student does Harry meet in Diagon Alley? 8. What’s the name of the pub that leads to Diagon Alley? 9. Who helps Harry get to Platform 9 3/4? 10. What is the name of Neville’s toad? 11. What does Neville’s grandmother send him? 12. What type of broom does Harry have? 13. How many players on a Quidditch team? 14. Name the teachers for the following subjects: Transfiguration, History of Magic, Charms, Herbology, Potions, and Defense Against the Dark Arts. 15. What type of dragon does Hagrid have? 16. What is its name? 17. What is the name of the Gryffindor Quidditch team captain? 18. Name the three centaurs Harry meets in the Forbidden Forest. 19. What is the first challenge to retrieve the Sorcerer’s Stone? 20. The second? 21. The third? 22. The fourth? 23. The fifth? 24. The sixth? 25. The seventh? 26. How do you read the inscription around the Mirror of Erised? 27. What happens if you drink unicorn blood? 28. What did Hagrid feed his dragon after it was born? 29. Where does Harry discover the information they were looking for about Nicolas Flamel? 30. Who gave Harry the invisibility cloak? 31. What does Hagrid use as a wand? 32. What flavor of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Bean did Dumbledore eat while visiting Harry in the hospital wing? 33. Where or from who does Harry purchase his school books? 34. His robes? 35. His wand? 36. What book does Hermione loan him before his first Quidditch match? 37. What is the name of the Hogwart’s Librarian? 38. Who teaches them to fly on broomsticks? 39. Who commentates the Quidditch matches? 40. Name the positions on a Quidditch team. Now, ya'll have fun with that!
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------