Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Gi's and Hawks

The Nate Dawg started karate yesterday. He is very enthusiastic and the gentleman who owns the dojo he’s going to has worked with kids like Nate for almost 40 years. I’ve been acquainted with Master Jarrett since I was in Junior High. His son made the National Karate Team and represented the US in the Pan American Games. Nate looks so cute in his gi. And, like I said, he’s VERY ENTHUSIASTIC! I’m sure you can just imagine. No kittens yet. Yeah. Oddly enough, as Nate and I were going to his first class yesterday, we had a similar experience to Jack, except the red-tail hawk we saw was not injured. The hawk was sitting on the curb in front of my neighbor’s house. I saw another one a few weeks ago close to Jeff’s house. It has flown across the road and landed under a tree. Jeff said he has seen four of them circling the area. The train tracks are actually a good location to catch mice so perhaps that’s why they’ve taken to the neighborhood. Nate was thrilled to see a bird of prey up close and personal in the wild (if you consider a small city street “the wild.”) It flew to the top of the electrical pole and regarded us with a sour look, that is, if hawks can look sour. Still looking for another job. Send some good vibrations my way!
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------