Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Life Hurts Today

After the crushing news this morning about the Sago miners, I whipped myself into shape for my job interview. I would love to tell you all that it went swimmingly and all that, but, I have no idea how it went. The interviewer, my potential new boss, was dry and practically unreadable, and trust me, I was putting the feelers out. I felt as though he was holding himself highly neutral, not wanting to disclose displeasure or acceptance. Once I told my current boss what my main job duty would consist of he said, "You could do that in your sleep. That’s all you do." I hope I conveyed that to the interviewer. The job has a lot of potential and professional advancement opportunities which could open a whole new world to me in law enforcement and catching fraudulent bad guys. Just to be on the safe side though, I surfed the federal jobs site again and found a labor compliance job I’m applying for. One part of the application, the questionnaire portion, is 21 pages long. I’m working on a new beading project which I’m calling, "Russian Sunflower." Its Russian leaves and then I’ll either bead a cabochon, which is highly polished, convex cut, unfaceted gem (so sayeth Mr. Webster) or I’ll figure out a centerpiece similar to the one I used in the photo below. The brooch below is made with Czech beads so the leaves are bigger. The one I’m making now, I’m making with Delicas so the leaves are considerably smaller. There will be 12 leaves and then the centerpiece. This brooch includes a beaded bead as the centerpiece. I don't know if you can tell or not, but the dark beads are a deep cranberry and the green beads are lined with fuschia. Its really beautiful in person, if I do say so myself. I’m really tired. If I haven’t made it around to your spot, I will very soon.
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------