Thursday, January 26, 2006

That's What You Call Ironic

Yesterday was a very frustrating day. First, I got Nate out the door in plenty of time for school, even arriving a bit early. Check. Traffic was light and moving despite snowy skies. Check. Arrive at parking garage at 8:30 on the nose. Check. Wait. I FORGOT T-BIRD!!! Holy shit!! Holy shit and shinola!! PANIC! PANIC!! Run to the office, attempt to call, get her ex at his job, no way to reach her, run back to car, drive back within a mile of home, pick-up seething T-Bird, break sound barrier on way to her job about a mile from mine. T-Bird works for an old high school classmate of mine who personifies the word "bitch." Go on, go look in your dictionaries, because her picture will be right there. She makes T-Bird and I look, well, relatively docile. Frightening, isn’t it? I drive back to the parking garage, park, get out, immediately have to walk to my job interview. It is snowing huge flakes and although its only a few blocks, I’m pretty wet by the time I get there because, naturally, I couldn’t find my umbrella. After testing and discussions, I get back to the office at 11:45. Receive phone call from Jeff saying Nate’s sister’s mom has been in a car accident and is going to same hospital T-Bird works at. Call T-Bird, pass word. (She’s okay, just banged up.) Receive phone call from school at about 1:30 letting me know Nate is tired and had a bad afternoon. Of course he’s tired, he’s sleep schedule is off! Duh! Leave at 2:30 to pick up Nate from school. Bridges and overpasses are snow covered and slick. Ugh. Drop Nate off, have to look at Jeff. They leave to pick up Danlel, Nate’s sister. (That’s my nickname for her.) Go back to work. Leave work, go to pick up T-Bird. Forget she works until 5:30, circle, circle, circle, circle. . . see someone leave a parking spot, get cut off, circle, circle, circle, circle . . . no way to call Jeff and tell him I’ll be late. Finally get parking spot, go in, get T-Bird, leave. Get to Jeff’s. He wants to know what’s wrong. Frustrating day, just want to go home. Offers to keep Nate, which I decline. Nate and I go home. We spend evening together, Nate does his homework without much fuss. Does a good job. We go to bed early. Phone rings. Jeff. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, circle, circle, circle . . . Wake up, repeat but remember to pick-up T-Bird. Rehash previous day. As we’re driving down the road, a black cat crosses our path. We snort and laugh and say "fuck" a lot. Its going to be a good day.
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------