Monday, May 15, 2006

Annie

I have to post some other pics from this weekend since you didn’t get to see my favorite girl’s face. Annie and I have an understanding. I love her and she loves me. I hadn’t seen her since Christmas when she was 17 months old. Before that it had been the Christmas before, if I’m not mistaken. Even so, I inadvertently woke her from her nap, which was a good thing, since she was hungry as a little bear, as witnessed by her attempting to put on her own bib and then banging on the high chair. When we got ready to go up to the pond for fishing, she refused to get on the four-wheeler to ride with daddy. She just hates loud noises. Since my parents had a prior engagement, Aunt Nanner rescued her and we made the long walk (okay, I carried her some) up to the pond. We mooed at the cows and I tried to teach her to say, "Gobble, gobble, gobble." She gave it a good try and had to dress the part in my brother’s camo hat. Eventually, I brought her home and gave her a bath, which I haven’t done for many, many years and forgot how slippery little ones are. I also force fed her some meds but she soon forgave me while I fed her strawberries and macaroni and cheese. She acts as though she’s known me her entire life, and not just small snippets of time. We just have an understanding. I love her and she loves me.
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------