Thursday, August 17, 2006

Mojo Risin'

I know, two posts in one night... Just as an aside. . . remember how I’ve said that Sailor Boy and Mr. Catholic always make fun of my religion? Well, last Friday, Sailor Boy and I were trading barbs because there is only so much I can take before I start getting snarky and hateful. He tossed out a challenge. If I were so "tight" with my spirits and the Summerland world, then I should put my money where my mouth is and use my mojo to get him a new job. I said, Fine, Sailor Boy, and if I do, then you keep your trap shut about my religion for the rest of the time that we work together. Fine, two weeks, Gypsy Girl. Deal is done. Before I left today, Sailor Boy had two interviews, one for something he didn’t even apply for. I’d say that’s pretty damn good. Mojo takes time but I put in an express order. Then he had the audacity to ask, "Can’t you do something about the Prosecutor’s job? I really want that one." I said, "Damn, boy! ASK WITH SPECIFICITY NEXT TIME! You said, ‘A job, not A JOB AT THE PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE!’" I tossed this over my left shoulder to test the spiritual waters. My spirits sighed and rolled their eyes but flitted off. Now, why would I stir the spirits up like that? As I explained to Myra, maybe it will open some eyes. It may not change the world and may not even change how Sailor Boy feels, but, it may make him think and be more tolerant. Perhaps it will draw him closer to his own faith. Perhaps he will be able to see the power of positive thinking, the power of intention, the power of creative visualization, and the power of simply believing there is more to the other side than we could ever imagine. Not to mention, it was totally worth it to slither up next Sailor Boy and say, "Mojo risin’, baby... mojo risin’."
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------