Tuesday, October 26, 2004

God Bless The Child

I saw my cousin K. today. She updated me on Gabriel. Remember little man Gabe? 2lbs. 6oz.? He has been doing very, very good until recently. He weighs 4lbs. 2oz. now and has been breathing on his own. Now he has contracted an infection. They believe it may be meningitis and he has been placed back on the respirator. I think its just because he has fought so long and hard that his little body is just worn out. I told K. that maybe he just needs a little rest and that’s what the respirator will do for him. Just another battle for Little Man. Prayers and thoughts are appreciated. I mentioned in Jack’s comments that he may consider submitting some of his work to the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. I saw several upcoming book titles that they are accepting writings for that reminded me of several of you. Here’s a partial list that I took from the website: Adopted Soul Alzheimer’s Soul Boy's Soul Breast Cancer Survivor's Soul Cat Lover's Soul Celtic Soul Cowboy's Soul Crafters and Quilter’s Soul Dieter's Soul Divorced Soul Dog Lover's Soul Girl's Soul Life Lessons Rescue Worker's Soul Scrapbooker's Soul Sisters' and Brothers' Soul Southern Soul Texan's Soul Submit, submit, submit peeps!!! I have signed up for NaNoWrMo ... I do have an idea... I can’t figure out how to put the little icon on my blog so if anybody knows... let me know... m’kay??? Please, check out my OMA! post below... Today’s Song of the Day is: God Bless The Child - Billie Holiday (For Gabriel) Them that's got shall get Them that's not shall lose So the Bible said and it still is news Mama may have, Papa may have But God bless the child that's got his own That's got his own Yes, the strong gets more While the weak ones fade Empty pockets don't ever make the grade Mama may have, Papa may have But God bless the child that's got his own That's got his own Money, you've got lots of friends Crowding round the door When you're gone, spending ends They don't come no more Rich relations give Crust of bread and such You can help yourself But don't take too much Mama may have, Papa may have But God bless the child that's got his own That's got his own Mama may have, Papa may have But God bless the child that's got his own That's got his own He just worry 'bout nothin' Cause he's got his own
  • |

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Me said...

    Hey 'Nanna~
    Just want you to know I'm sending restful healing thoughts to Gabriel... poor little guy. Hope all turns around quickly and he's back to smilin' and gainin' weight.
    Love,
    Cooter

    10/26/2004 02:53:00 PM  
    Blogger Michael said...

    Hi Inanna -- best wishes to Gabriel and his parents and the NaNo thingie. I really oughta do that.... hmmm... lemme know how it goes for you.

    10/26/2004 06:28:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------