Thursday, October 07, 2004

Hair Kisses

Went to the doc this morning. He doesn't quite know what to do with me. He said I am, on one hand, a classic ADHD person. My picture is in the dictionary beside of it. On the other hand, I may have a mood disorder. He said I have odd thoughts and unique thought processes. You charged me how much to tell me what I already know???? Anyway, he's leaning toward the ADHD as a primary diagnosis and thinks that perhaps if we get it under control I will break the low self-esteem cycle that I have developed because I feel like a failure which in turn depresses the hell out of me. He's switched me back to Wellbutrin, which I had a good response on the last time I took it, ummm.... three year ago I guess. Then we're going to wait about a month and see how I'm doing. We may tweak it with a stimulant medication. He wanted to know why my other doc switched me and I said, "Because she's only treating me for depression and anxiety, not ADD." So.... I left the doc and headed toward my office when I saw AZ. I haven't seen him for about two months, well, I saw him on the street one day as I was going home but was only able to wave. This time I pulled over and got out of my car. He had a huge grin on his face. Come to find out he was heading for the T-shirt business he owns half of and it was right around the corner from my doc's office. He gave me the one-armed hug and kissed my head, on the left side, right at the crown. I was trying not to get make-up on the white shirt he had on and get run over by a UPS truck (coincidence?). I love hair and forehead kisses. Its like the electricity stays in my body longer. It was a brief but memorable moment. I still can't figure out why it means so much more to me when he does it than when other peeps do. I still keep in mind though that if he really wanted things to change between us, then they would. *Shrug* It was nice though. Real nice. Sometimes I think those things mean more than a flat out smooch. But remember, I have those unique thought processes....
  • |

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Cattiva said...

    "unique thought processes?" I guess that's one politically correct way of putting it.

    :)

    10/07/2004 04:00:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Yeah Catt, it means "YOU ARE WEIRD!" Which I am quite proud of... normal is tooootally over-rated!

    10/07/2004 04:17:00 PM  
    Blogger jp said...

    You know where I found the best place to kiss a woman is? NO, NOT THERE, INANNA!!!! Right on the nape of her neck...especially if she has shoulder-length hair.

    10/07/2004 06:04:00 PM  
    Blogger Varla said...

    Good luck, sweetie. I'm on Wellbutrin right now myself...and I totally understand that depression cycle. Hugs to you. I adore forehead kisses myself - although giving them more than receiving...very nice to kiss a girl that way. =)

    10/07/2004 08:39:00 PM  
    Blogger Zelda said...

    I know what you mean about the kisses. And Jethro just wrote something under Prozac that you might find interesting - something about seratonin. I couldn't finish it (being ADD and all). :-)

    10/08/2004 02:05:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------