Tuesday, October 26, 2004

NaNoWriMo & Bloggerado

Thanks to Leese, I have signed up for NaNoWriMo. Writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. I figured this is 1666.66 words per day. My post yesterday was a little over 1700, although I didn’t write it all myself, I could have written more. But assuredly writing a novel is different. It actually has to go somewhere. But where? I have a few ideas and less than a few days to get some semblance of a working outline. I thought about taking one of my screenplay ideas and writing it in novel form. Maybe then I could get the damn thing converted to a screenplay. Then, I just want to keep them as screenplays because that’s what the original intent was. Argh! I’ve written two novellas, both about 30,000 words. One of those I wrote in some obscene amount of time, like a little over two weeks. It showed too. UGH!! It sucked so bad.... I liked the story, I loved my characters but I wrote it shitty. I LOVED the story... a fantasy setting. I’ve been meaning to do a serious re-write... My second one I took more time on and I’m very fond of it. It was a nice erotica romance piece. I sent it to a publisher and got a nice letter back with my query. They thought the subject matter was too serious for they type of novellas they were looking for and encouraged me to flesh it out for someone else but resubmit to them with something a little more light-hearted. Dummy me, I have yet to do that. Maybe this is my chance... Stephen King always said to reduce your novel by 10% or 20% or something like that. That would only drop me to 40 - 45,000 words but hell... so its about 10,000 more words than you’re supposed to have. That’s what editing is for. Although being single is not the optimum time to write erotica. Walking around horny is bad enough but sizzling sex scenes with your hero is pure torture. The last one I wrote was so hot, I had to turn the A/C up. But, it’s still a thought. In order to do this, the first thing is to fix my damn desk. For some reason the thingy my keyboard sits on broke right off. Perhaps it was that fat ass 15lb. cat of mine who is convinced he is still a kitten. For whatever reason, there is no way I can make any type of serious play to get this finished if my back begins to spasm to the point I can’t breath. So, let me see what I can do with this thing. Well, that endeavor appears as useful as tits on a boar hog. Looks like I’ll just have to have muscle spasms. Think I’ll write a nice erotic fantasy. I mean "fantasy" as in Tolkien fantasy not lusty fantasy. But lusty doesn’t hurt either. Let’s see... I’ve flirted with the UPS man, some guy on the Interstate, Jack, Daz and Mike. I read Fleece’s new post at her new establishment. MY GOD!! Read it now!! I was so hot and bothered I forgot to write down the URL. So, go to Dastard’s blog and look in the comments of the last post where she linked it. Butterflyage!! BUTTERFLYAGE!!! Don’t suppose that is something I can request in my Christmas stocking huh? At least not from my parents. Maybe I’ll get lucky and have a boyfriend who would like to buy me such things and take me out and tease me until... okay, well, just rock my world m’kay?!? Where have all the naughty men gone???? (Sang to the tune of "Guess He’d Rather Be In Colorado") I guess I’d rather be in Bloggerado Where the men are like the ones we dream of in the night as the rain falls down Once again we are bloggin’ Once again we are commentin’ To the friends we’ve made here’n the blogosphere I guess I’d rather be in Bloggerado Where I’d rather read the posts than lift a finger to work the whole day long In the dawn, we are checkin’ In the dawn, we are clickin’ To read an old post when there’s nothing new overnight Guess I’d rather be in Bloggerado Guess I’d rather be in Bloggerado *That’s all I got!*
  • |

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Leese said...

    Hey Inanna!
    Woooohoooo!
    I have no plot yet... :-( I've been tempted to do erotica too, but with my husband around I'm afraid concentration would be a real problem...LOL...
    Oh. I don't want to sound too selfish here, but um..could you get a haloscan account? I come to your blog every day but I don't get to comment often because blogger sometimes freezes when I click on "comment." Well, that and it takes about three steps to comment...
    Gosh I am so self-centered. I'm sorry.

    10/27/2004 11:13:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------