Monday, October 18, 2004

Slave

Song of the Day: Stone Cold - Rainbow (from "Straight Between the Eyes" - 1982) Album of the Day: Slave to the Grind - Skid Row (Released June 11, 1991) Book of the Day: Where the Wild Things Are - Maurice Sendak (Published 1964) Stone Cold Another dark and empty night It was wrong I wanna make it right But you are so distant, so far away Your words like ice fall on the ground breaking the silence without a sound Oh familiar strangers, with nothing to say Searching in the darkness Fading out of sight Love was here and gone like a thief in the night Stone Cold... And I thought I knew you so well... Stone Cold... I can't break away from your spell... You leave me Stone Cold This song reminds me of how people make mistakes... and how they are punished for them. If anything, this song taught me about the power of guilt, but more so, the power of forgiveness. Who would ever want a dude to sing about how cold you are? *Jazz, please forgive Jay. He loves you. Yeah, he’s a dork, but all men are dorks, they just have different levels of dorkdom and frankly, Jays at the bottom of the food chain there. Remember how he saved you from the porta-shitter and told you he loved you?? * Skid Row is one of the few hairbands, IMHO, who came out with a harder, faster tighter album than they started out with. I saw Skid Row with Pantera when they toured for this album. Nothing like being in the mosh pit during "Riot Act." This an album where its tough to pick a favorite song. I’d have to say it’s a toss up between "Psycho Love," "Riot Act," "Get the Fuck Out," and "Wasted Time." But I like "Monkey Business" too... and "In a Darkened Room." Okay, I just like them all. And yeah, I like Sebastian Bach. Awesome pipage. As for Where the Wild Things Are... simple yet engaging, humorous, and beautifully illustrated, perfect for a Monday morning. LOL!! Nate reminds me so much of Max... but Nate wears a vampire outfit instead of a wolf suit. Let the wild rumpus start!!!
  • |

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Michael said...

    I'm rolling my terrible eyes... gnashing my terrible teeth....

    10/18/2004 08:35:00 PM  
    Blogger AGB 1 said...

    Sendak is awesome.

    10/19/2004 01:02:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Mike!! Dazzy!! I'm not sure I can handle both of you at once, but I'll give it a try ;-) Arrrooooooooo!

    10/19/2004 09:31:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------