Thursday, October 14, 2004

Ask With Specificity

This weekend I will be performing my attraction spell. As I stated before, its worked in the past. Yep, I've met peeps and went out on dates but... nothing ever worked out. This time around I decided I would be a little more specific in my request. See, many times we believe that because something is in our heart that our Higher Power knows this. Uh, no. I read at one time that you should ask for what you want. Okay, I wanted a date. I just didn't specify with what kind of man, so I got what came along. Yesterday I read a variation of my attraction spell which uses a talisman along with the oil burning and chanting. Its photographs and other symbols of the the kind of peeps you would like to meet. Now, there's a concept. Even though I've posted about my ideal man, I wondered what I could really use to represent those qualities on the altar, so to speak. Sorry guys, but, you've been pegged (at least for the most part.) Please don't take offense if you are not listed or if you are listed for something and I tune it up or down with someone else... m'kay? The kind of man I would like to meet has Jay's abs. I'll even take the mullet. He has Jack's intellect. (This was a tough one! I was going to go for Jack's 8-pack and Jay's intellect but... ) He's built like Dastard, with Dastard's eyes and coloring ( I just like dark hair!) and his self-deprecating sense of humor. I want him to have Mike's wit and creativity and JP's love of sports. I want him to be my friend, like Seeker but I'll trade his sarcasm for The Dave's, which is not quite as caustic. I want him to have Steve's libido but I'm gonna have to offset that with AJ's and Jethro's loyalty, faithfulness and love of family. I want him to have AZ's ambition but will offset that with Lex's love of travel, leisure and critters. I want him to be able to give good advice like Johnny5 and know when to buy flowers like Gooch. I also hope he's learned from life like Trashman has just not to that extent (ahem). Of course ladies, I can't leave you out. Like I said, don't be offended if you're not mentioned because you're all so wonderful it would be hard to pick just one thing... (LOL!) I want him to have Celti's spirituality and revolve in a higher orbit like Sister Moon. I want him to be like Sloth in his baser political views but I'm gonna offset that with Zelda and her lean toward Libertarianism. A love of the outdoors and gardening would be good so I'm going to put in a dash of Esther and I definitely want him to have Leese's business smarts and Regan's cooking ability. He should be able to mend his own shirts, so I'll sprinkle him with Aimee and a love of tequila would be nice, so I'll throw in some Jamie. (Yes, I know I made a rhyme) Ahhh, what next? Some experimentation in the bedroom and where else can I get that but Vader? I kinda doubt he'll be Canadian, but in the off chance, I'll toss in Lovisa, Snick and Queenie , why? Just because they're cool and baaaaaa being born in the year of the Fleece would be too, at least I think that would make him younger. And last but not least, I want his smile to travel to his eyes, like Cooter. I'll not go into the drib-drab of how I admire many things about each of you mentioned, and others not, here in the blogosphere. Admiration overlaps in many ways and with many people. At least though, I have a clearer view of the man I want to request. I have your words, thoughts and feelings to back up that vision. Each of you has touched my life in a special way and sometimes, more than one. I used to think it was crazy and selfish to request my ideal man, but I don't anymore. This time I know I deserve it and please dear God and Goddess, smile on me :o)
  • |

    23 Comments:

    Blogger evilsciencechick said...

    heehee! *blush*

    what a man you're looking for! good luck! ;)

    10/14/2004 11:06:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    And I intend to find him!!!

    10/14/2004 11:19:00 PM  
    Blogger Gooch said...

    You are too sweet for including me here - so sweet that it is with great regret that I inform you that during the course of a 4AM "WHo has to feed the baby this time" argument with my wife just a couple days ago she reminded me that I clearly DID NOT remember to buy her flowers after giving birth to our baby.

    10/15/2004 01:44:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Well Gooch, I have mixed feelings on that. My first feeling was to cringe for you and go,"Oh Gooch, even Nate's sperm donor bought me flowers." The other part of me said, "But he certainly wasn't around to argue with at 4 a.m. as to who was going to feed the baby." He never, ever once fed Nate a bottle because he just wasn't there and you are... so.

    10/15/2004 07:36:00 AM  
    Blogger Esther said...

    Thanks for putting me on the list :)
    You're going to have a mighty fine man there. Ask him if he has an identicall twin brother? ;)

    10/15/2004 07:37:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    If he does, I'm sending him your way!

    10/15/2004 10:57:00 AM  
    Blogger jp said...

    Woo hoo, I FINALLY made a list!!!! :o)

    Would you take someone with JP's love of sports and a mini-keg instead of a 6pack?

    10/15/2004 11:15:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    JP... would that be a six-pack in cozies or a real mini-keg? You look adorable in your pics babe, I'd do you.

    10/15/2004 11:23:00 AM  
    Blogger Me said...

    **blushing** That's the kindest thing anyone has said about me all week. Thanks, Inanna... **hug**

    10/15/2004 12:08:00 PM  
    Blogger Celti said...

    meeep! I'm honored! Yes, I think it is a great idea to visualize exactly what you are looking for. I do the same. I think that the more specific you are, the better the outcome will be. Do you ever burn herbs? You could use the ones that signify certain qualities that are very important to you. I use a LOT of herbs.

    Now I have this funny visual of you stirring a cauldron full of our pictures. hee hee

    10/15/2004 12:15:00 PM  
    Blogger Cattiva said...

    Hey! I have good feet. You should ask for good feet.

    hehehe Just kidding! Good luck. I hope it works and you get exactly what you're looking for. And keep in mind, the perfect package is probably not in blogland, cause he's too busy looking for YOU!

    10/15/2004 12:26:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Ang - Well, peeps need to get with the good vibes!! *Hugs*

    Celti - Actually, I’m not much of an herb burner, I prefer candle magick, oils and crystals. Although I believe its more of the intent than anything else and the concentration and will. I’ve done insanely complicated, involved spells and I think became so drawn up in the pomp and circumstance that I lost the energy. Now, I just keep it simple and save my energy for the actual cause.

    I think I’m just going to have to settle for some very creative visualization with a few notecards for reminders.

    Cattiva - Hahahahah... Geez, I forgot to ask for good feet... *note to self - He should have Catt’s feet, because she has good feet.* And nothing is perfect, I’m wondering if I should include some honest to God humility because if he’s all that I’m asking for, he’s gonna need some!!!

    Now... who's humble and down-to-Earth? Now taking applications... LMAO!!!

    10/15/2004 12:36:00 PM  
    Blogger Zelda said...

    I'm sorry to tell you Inanna, but Superman is dead. :-(

    10/15/2004 01:56:00 PM  
    Blogger Zelda said...

    But thanks for the compliments to me and Jeth. That was so sweet.

    10/15/2004 01:58:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Jay... I said nothing about your ass!!

    ZeZe - No raining on my parade babe. I think the world of you peeps in TX!!

    10/15/2004 02:19:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    PC!!! How could I have left out your gorgeous hairy chest? Although I must say you bomb on humility... second best??? Okay... I’ll give ya that one!!

    10/15/2004 02:35:00 PM  
    Blogger jp said...

    Holy crap, did you just say you'd DO me? Really? I'm in shock.

    10/15/2004 02:40:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    JP - You are? Or are you trying to get in on the humility thing?

    10/15/2004 02:42:00 PM  
    Blogger Queenie said...

    Wish granted.

    Q

    10/15/2004 03:01:00 PM  
    Blogger jp said...

    No, that was pretty much total, utter shock.

    10/15/2004 03:37:00 PM  
    Blogger Celti said...

    hee hee..JP said UTTER

    Eat a cow, eat a cow 'cuase it's good for you
    Eat a cow, eat a cow it's the thing that goes "Mooooo"

    10/15/2004 04:22:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Q - Oh thank you!!!!

    JP - I visited you and continued our conversation over there.

    Celti - Put down the mouse and back away... everything’s going to be okay. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    pc - When you’re that damn good huh? Then why did I call you on the Wednesday and I’ve YET to get a return call... hmmmm?

    10/15/2004 05:27:00 PM  
    Blogger jp said...

    I saw that...and I'm still in shock.

    Have a great weekend, all.

    10/15/2004 05:56:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------