Friday, October 15, 2004

Digression

Almost forgot this today: Song of the day: Jesus Is Just Alright - Doobie Brothers (From the album Toulouse Street - Released July 1972) I LOVED this song and I still do. It rocked, it rolled, it was soulful. Another example of Inanna belting out songs at a very young age. I never knew if it was Pat Simmons or Tom Johnston who sang "Jesus..." but I'm guessing it was Simmons as he sang lead on "China Grove." All I remember is the song slowly, the music fading and this gorgeous voice vibrating to the bottom of my soul... "Jeeesusssss, he's my friend...." Book of the day: The Book of Three - Lloyd Alexander (Book 1 of 5 in the "Chronicles of Prydain - Published 1964) I still own the original copies of the books I bought as a child. I had to borrow books 3 and 4 from the library and sadly, because I was not fond of book 4, ended up not reading book 5. However, I do plan to remedy that. Anyway, again, I was blown away by this book in as far as having a sarcastic, intelligent, strong-willed heroine, Eilonwy, in addition to the sufffering hero, Taran, assistant pig keeper. The plot is fast paced, the characters are outstanding and thankfully, its just the beginning. I couldn't get enough of the land of Prydain and its fantasy creatures and magic. I felt "comfortable" while reading his books, as though they were written about some other life I had lead. Have a good weekend!!
  • |

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Cattiva said...

    I LOVE the Doobies! Perfect weekend music. I don't have anything on cd (all albums!). Maybe I'll go buy one so I can listen in my car. GREAT driving music.

    10/15/2004 12:40:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    The Doobies ROCK!! I'm sure they will appear again in my songfest.

    10/15/2004 12:46:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Just a "hit" of Black Water... heee heee

    10/15/2004 02:33:00 PM  
    Blogger jp said...

    Did you know that Jeramiah was a Bullfrog?

    Yes, I know that's not the Doobies, but still.

    10/15/2004 02:41:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------