Monday, November 22, 2004

More Quickies

Morticia As some of you know, or don’t know, Morticia had her kittens on Friday. She had two while I was at work and had the other three afterwards. Poor girl, she labored at least 8-9 hours with them. Last time it didn’t take as long. I have two black/whites, one black and two tortoiseshell. They are bit smaller, I guess because there was one more than before. The torties are gorgeous. Morticia’s mother was a tortie but I’m still surprised. Nate got to see one of them being born and his reactions were: Oh cooolll... Ewwwww Yuck! Then he watched as she passed the afterbirth and ate it. "Mom, what she did just do?" I’ll save my explanation because it involved the terms uterus, blood etc. "Mom, did you have to eat my afterbirth?" "No honey, only animals eat their afterbirth." "I think that’s just disgusting." LOL!!! Birthday 11.21.04 - 6:30 a.m. - Telephone rings. I have been asleep about two hours. It was SPERM DONOR calling to wish me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. He said, "I wanted to be the first." I said, "You should have been at the bar at 12:03 last night then." Stupid fuck. 11.21.04 - 10:30 a.m. - Telephone rings. Sperm Donor again. He puts Nate on the phone. Nate tells me Happy Birthday. Unfortunately he hands the phone back to his dad. Sperm Donor launches into some monologue about his now ex-girlfriend. I am half-asleep and barely listening, trying to recapture a dream about me dressed as a barmaid and Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, when he says, "I’ll just tie a bow around it for you and wear some real loose boxers." WHOA, I’M AWAKE!! "What the fuck are you talking about?" "I figure if I’m going to be accused of it, I might as well do it." (Said ex-girlfriend accused him of sleeping with me. Sorry, stupid girlfriend, its been nine years and will be 90 more. I’d rather eat afterbirth.) "Ew." Jay After reading Jay’s post this morning, I was reminded what it was like finding out I was pregnant, November 3, 1995. The rush of panic, awe, confusion, and fear. I hope to always remember that feeling to have empathy for others, even if it is one of my own or a girlfriend of one of my own. Jack Back to kitties. Sissy at work asked that if Morticia had a black/white boy that she wanted it. So, Mortie had one black/white boy, just for her. I asked her to name it Jack, after our favorite officer of the law who has such interesting and painful experiences with felines. I begin loving on my kittens when they are just hours old. I think it makes them more loving as adults. Any cat left to its own devices will turn feral. Just like a woman. Angi After visiting Angi’s blog, I found out I’m the cranberry sauce part of Thanksgiving (a little sweet, a little sour, no dried up prunes), I’m a lifelong blogger and the Green Bean Casserole flavor of some holiday soda... oh and I’m 87 % Scorpio. Really? NO SHIT! Night, oh and GOOD MORNING TRASHMAN!!! *Sings* You are my sunshine... my only sunshine...
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------