Sunday, March 19, 2006

A Totally Narcissistic Post

As Nate and I were leaving his dad’s today, Nate’s sister’s Mom, Lo, told me she needed to tell me something and shooed the kids off to our respective cars. "I saw DL yesterday and told him about you maybe moving to New York City and going to grad school there." DL is the old nickname for a former flame who happened to be my Mama and Papa’s cardiologist. This was 15 years ago when I worked at a local hospital. We hung out and while we never progressed to anything more than pleasure of the oral variety, we fondly recall one another. He asks Lo about me and she keeps me up to date on his progeny since his marriage a few years ago. I didn’t think he would ever walk down the aisle but finally he did and I think they’ve had three or four kids in five or six years. Anyway, he was rather fondly recalling me with "mmmmm’s" and then, "You know, what I wouldn’t give to have just one more night with her." Lo said, "She’s singllllllle." He said, "No, I couldn’t. I’m married now." He left but comes back later. He asks how I look, am I still cute, etc. He asks if I have a son, which Lo says I do and he’s almost 10 years old. She goes on to explain about his seizures and such and DL asks, "So, do you know who her son’s father is?" At this point in the story, Lo and I both burst out laughing. I’m sure Jeff and his girlfriend and half the neighborhood heard us. Lo said, "Uh yeah! My ex-husband!" DL says, "DOH! That was almost 10 years ago, I forgot!" He looks back at Lo again and says, "What I wouldn’t give for just one more time with her." Lo said, "I’ll let her know." It’s nice to know that even after 15 years, I’m well remembered, if for nothing else, my oral skills and big boobs. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------